Slack is looking for an experienced product designer with strong mobile fundamentals to join our Foundations system team. The systems team at Slack oversees our design system and the overall information architecture of our product. Our work serves both internal and external customers, through building and maintaining a robust design system that our design, product and engineering teams rely on, and by ensuring our information architecture makes Slack easy, intuitive, and pleasant for our customers to use .
Slack designers serve a vital role at the company, from creating the vision for new features, to the craft and finish of every detail in the product. We appreciate designers who think deeply, speak clearly, and embrace collaboration and feedback. Slack is a positive, diverse, and supportive culture-if this sounds like a good fit for you, send us a nice hello, and links to your work and experience.
What you will be doing
What you should have
- Work cross-functionally with Product and Engineering partners to represent the design team, facilitate design discussions, and give feedback in planning and product channels.
- Collaborate closely with Design and Product leadership to define your features and contribute to the overall direction of your product area.
- Design flows, prototypes, sketches, and high-fidelity visuals for your features.
- Work extremely closely with Engineering to ensure a high-quality implementation and user experience.
- Solicit feedback from your peers, including other product designers and teammates in your product team.
- Work in close collaboration with Design leadership to inform and improve design processes.
- Interview new Product Designers and actively inform our inclusive design hiring process.
- At least 5 years' experience* in an individual contributor role, on a Product Design team for desktop or mobile.
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing a foundation in typography, interaction and visual design, and ideation.
- Experience in working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment.
- Experience partnering with product managers to develop the strategy and rationale for features.
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Through trial and error we've learned that people don't apply unless we provide a guideline. But what's more important to us than a number are the experiences you've had, and the skills you've developed, regardless of the length of time it took you to get where you are. Have 10+ years? Awesome, please apply. Have only 3 years, but feel you meet the requirements above? Great, please apply.