REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Has excellent critical thinking as well as analytical skills
- Exhibits strong computer skills and knowledge of relevant technology
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge of financial software programs
- Possesses exceptional organizational skills and is an effective time manager
- Displays the ability to pay close attention to detail
- Has strong knowledge of general accounting practices and financial accounting standards
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of two years of GL accounting experience
- Experience with integrated ERP Accounting systems
- Experience with intercompany reconciliation and consolidation processes preferred
- Microsoft Excel – intermediate to advanced skills
- Microsoft Word – basic skills.
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
- Must be willing to work in the greater Miami, Florida area
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be willing to work late evenings, and occasional holidays or weekends per business need
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises is a world-class media company leading the industry in the production and distribution of high-quality, Spanish-language content to U.S. Hispanics and audiences around the world. This fast-growing multiplatform portfolio is comprised of the Telemundo Network and Station Group, Telemundo Deportes, Telemundo Global Studios, Universo, and a Digital Enterprises & Emerging Business unit. Telemundo Network features original Spanish-language entertainment, news and sports content reaching 94% of U.S. Hispanic TV households in 210 markets through 30 local stations, 51 affiliates and its national feed. Telemundo also owns WKAQ, a television station that serves viewers in Puerto Rico. Telemundo Deportes is the designated Spanish-language home of two of the world’s most popular sporting events: FIFA World Cup™ through 2026 and the Summer Olympic Games through 2032. Telemundo Global Studios is the company’s domestic and international scripted production unit including Telemundo Studios, Telemundo International Studios, Telemundo International, as well as all of the company’s co-production partnerships. As the #1 media company reaching Hispanics and millennials online, the Digital Enterprises & Emerging Business unit distributes original content across multiple platforms, maximizing its exclusive partnerships with properties such as BuzzFeed, Vox and Snapchat. Through Telemundo Internacional, the largest U.S.-based distributor of Spanish-language content in the world and Universo, the fastest growing Hispanic entertainment cable network, the company reflects the diverse lifestyle, cultural experience and language of its expanding audience. NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises is a division of NBCUniversal, a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Ensuring that company financial statements are in line with management’s requirements and industry standards is the main function of the staff accountant. Working under the direction of the Senior Manager, the senior accountant assists in the preparation of financial statements that meet standard accounting principles as well as state and federal regulations.
The staff accountant oversees general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions. Responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures. A successful accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts. Duties also include ensuring accuracy and effectiveness in all of our accounting tasks.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.