At MobSquad, we're a team of diverse and curious people who are committed to helping start-ups grow. We write some of the most advanced, useful, and compelling code, and we do it in an environment that values free expression and inquiry. The Squad is bound together by our mutual respect for each other and our hunger to create.
As a Mobile Developer, you will be part of a Canada-based team working remotely with a leading US start-up. Your team will operate alongside many other talented developers and data scientists in Canada, and you will be an integral part of the tech community that MobSquad has built.
This role requires someone who has demonstrated an ability to develop code into user-friendly mobile apps. The ideal candidate is able to work across the full application lifecycle: from concept to design; from test to release; from support to maintenance. The candidate has experience gathering requirements from a broader team and translating team input into a fully-functioning mobile application. They are strong at working with a team of engineers and developers to create and maintain high-quality mobile apps.
Qualifications and Skills
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a comparable field from an accredited institution
- Roles require working knowledge of iOS, Android, or cross-platform languages and frameworks
- iOS developers should have 3+ years or demonstrated fluency in iOS-relevant languages (Swift, Objective-C, Cocoa Touch), experience with Cocoa APIs for OS X, and familiarity with iOS frameworks (Core Data, Core Animation)
- Android developers should have 3+ years or demonstrated fluency in Android-relevant languages (knowledge of Android SDK above Android 7, Java, Kotlin, C/C++)
- Cross-platform developers should have 3+ years or demonstrated fluency in relevant languages and frameworks (React Native, Flutter)
- Deep understanding of UX design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Extensive experience utilizing RESTful APIs to connect to back-end services
- Demonstrated ability to develop high-quality code adhering to industry best practices (i.e., code review, unit tests, revision control)
Who You Are
- You understand that writing code is as much about functionality as it is about communication, and that shines through in the clarity of your code and how you describe it to your teammates
- You are a self-starter who can work autonomously and drive your success within a team
- You are comfortable when things go according to plan, and you are energized when chaos strikes and the team's well-laid plans need to be overhauled
- You know that start-up life involves continual adaptation and change, and that excites you!
What You'll Get @MobSquad
- A full-time position that offers competitive compensation
- A benefits program delivered through our bespoke digital platform, giving you control, choice, and flexibility. We give you the ability to build your package of benefits covering health (think medical, dental, vision), wellness (think gym, workout gear, ski pass, massage, transit) and RRSP (think retirement)
- A downtown office location with first-rate amenities, surrounded by great restaurants and easily-accessible transit
- For international candidates: Sponsorship for an immediate work permit through Canada's Global Talent Stream and in many cases, expedited permanent residency and a path to citizenship
What You'll Experience @MobSquad
- Exposure and engagement with world-class start-ups where you will be helping to build the next big thing many times over
- A team-based environment where our culture and community are deeply rooted in our core values
- A diverse and inclusive workplace; we know conscious and subconscious discrimination exists and we work hard to uncover and remove biases and barriers, so everyone realizes their actual - not perceived - potential
- Opportunity. And lots of it.