Sr Dir Strategic Marketing
(Job Number: MAR01005E)
- Along with Division leadership, define and develop the short- and long-term overarching strategic marketing plans for the assigned Division(s).
- Lead the implementation of all marketing aspects of these plans.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Explore new market growth opportunities and recommend new product/service ideas to divisions, product modifications / improvements based on findings of marketing research, competitive insight, and customer feedback.
- Explore, recommend and advise strategic partnership opportunities to drive incremental divisional revenues and gross margin.
- Define message strategy, commercial insight and integrated communications plans. Link multiple portfolio messages to corporate messaging and ensure consistency and positioning across strategic and tactical elements of the marketing plan.
- Incorporate and leverage competitive intelligence to drive overall competitive strategy and plans for the urological and respiratory divisions. Develop proactive strategies to thwart competitive threats and effectively compete for increased sales and profitability.
- Lead business development partnership projects and marketing tactics for the Divisions across all Medline stakeholders and with outside stakeholders, vendors, and partners.
- Assess promotional options, develop budget and future impact of promotional decisions (ROI) and allocate resources appropriately for maximum impact.
- Frame and lead formal activities that garner feedback from customer advocacy groups in the context of overall strategic business objectives. Lead and cultivate KOLs and user group forums. Develop strong strategic relationships with key customers and trade associations, representing Medline at an executive level.
- Work with divisions on portfolio strategy and key product/solution launches and marketing campaigns. Advise and make recommendations to C-/Executive suite.
- Support and advise sales leadership in the communication strategy and plans at sales meetings both national and regional for key product launches.
- Work with clinical leadership on the development of clinically focused programs and solutions that help enable the success of our customers and drive sales of supporting products.
- As a member of the marketing department, drive best in class marketing tactics and processes to further accelerate Medline’s growth.
Relevant Work Experience
- At least 10 years of professional marketing experience.
- At least 5 years of strategic marketing experience.
- At least 5 years of marketing management experience including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
- Experience developing strategic initiatives which align with business goals and budget.
- Experience and skills in influencing, leading and directing individuals in multiple functional areas.
- Experience presenting to senior management or C-suite with the purpose of influencing company or client decisions.
- Experience diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems
- Experience assessing and responding productively to change in a timely manner.
- Experience controlling and coordinating concurrent projects, competing priorities and critical deadlines.
Relevant Work Experience
- Marketing experience in the healthcare or a related industry.