Here is a great opportunity to join a great company! Medline Industries has enjoyed DOUBLE DIGIT GROWTH for 51 of the past 52 years! We've again been named to the Chicago Tribune's Top Workplaces, and we're again on the list of Becker's Great Places to Work in Healthcare.
This is a great opportunity to start your career in Network Engineering to be a key member on Medline’s Network Core Team. This position includes implementing new network hardware/software, maintaining existing products or services and participating in troubleshooting operational issues. The role will collaborate with vendors, operational staff and peer organizations to ensure the stability and integrity of Medline’s Network infrastructure. In addition, it is vital that the Network Engineer successfully integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities.
- Configure, deploy and maintain networking solutions of Medline’s LAN, WAN, WLAN, SDWAN, Cloud and Network Security focused infrastructure.
- Identification and resolution of network problems including routing, spanning tree, wireless connectivity, and application performance issues.
- Collaborate with team members to generate documentation for project overviews, process and validation.
- Reviews and responds to trouble tickets generated for the team by the corporate help desk; works with end users through resolution as necessary.
- Maintains monitoring of network infrastructure, including alert configuration, new device provisioning and general day to day functioning of the monitoring tool set.
- Analyzes performance data and metrics, identifies problem areas and provides actionable insight to problem resolution.
- Acts as a point of escalation for other IS teams regarding network infrastructure issues.
- Drives issues to closure by engaging appropriate cross-team resources.
- Participates in on-call rotation of designated network resources.
- Collaborate with Sr Network Engineers for business continuity review and execution.
- Maintain a professional demeanor at all times adhering to the IS Departments policies and procedures. Follow Medline’s Code of Ethics and other corporate policies.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar preferred, or 2 years of experience as a Network Engineer.
- 1 year of experience providing operational support for predominately Cisco networking technologies and infrastructures preferred.
- Self-starter with ability to prioritize many projects and problems independently.
- Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot LAN/WAN & application performance problems to resolution in multitasking environments. Layer 1 through Layer 7.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a desire to collaborate with internal and external business/technical teams.
- Ability to work out of any of Medline’s Chicagoland area facilities on any given day.
- Up to 10% overnight travel may be required.
- CCNA preferred.
- Communications: Excellent interpersonal, creativity, attention to detail, and oral and written communication skills tailored for the intended audience.
- Physical Demands: A description of physical demands would be appropriate. Candidate must be able to lift and move equipment up to 30 lbs. Must be able to install and route cables inside of equipment rack cabinets and small equipment rooms.
- Occasional extended work hours and weekends required for maintenance activities.
More About Medline:
Medline is the largest privately held manufacturer and distributor of healthcare supplies in the United States, providing more than 550,000 products that serve the entire continuum of care. Our innovative products and programs can be found in most hospitals, extended-care facilities, surgery centers, physician offices, home care dealers, home health agencies and retail outlets.
Founded in 1910, Medline has grown from a small manufacturer of aprons, surgical gowns and uniforms to a thriving $11 billion global enterprise because of our dedicated people, entrepreneurial spirit and honest values.
Again named one of the country’s "Best and Brightest Companies to Work For,” and once again named to Chicago Tribune’s Top Workplaces, Medline has experienced fifty-plus years of consecutive annual growth, and is headquartered in Northfield, IL.