This is a junior position to provide support for web and app development projects. Responsibilities will vary, but may include content entry, creative updates and some development tasks, balanced with a range of administrative duties to support the project manager such as email communications, creating weekly reports, assist with updating schedules and invoicing.
You're enthusiastic and highly adaptable, enjoy solving problems, looking to learn and contribute talent and energy to our experienced and versatile team.
This is a great opportunity to learn about the web development process, supporting designers and developers while working on fun projects building websites from the ground up. You'll learn about the integration of third party applications and features such as ecommerce, events, ticketing, donor software, etc.
This position will start as hourly contract, and may develop into a full time role. There is opportunity for advancement depending on skills and interests.
- You will be part of a team working on multiple projects. Your task priorities will be assigned by the project manager, and you will work closely with our development team.
- The ideal candidate will have an extensive familiarity working in Wordpress doing content management (no coding required), as well as the ability to create and modify files using Photoshop, Illustrator or Sketch. If you don't know Photoshop/Illustrator/Sketch, that's ok, but be prepared to do some learning.
- Make website improvements, content updates and styling, asset management
- Support maintenance cycle documentation and processes, create support tickets
- Support the Project Manager and Development Team with various tasks throughout a project
- Perform internal QA for active projects, create detailed tickets for bugs and features requests, including acceptance criteria
- Create weekly progress reports, assist with scheduling
- Support the team in monitoring clients' requests, flagging or escalating issues as they arise
- Exhibit effective project management skills, including preparing and updating timelines, activity reports, and status reports for internal team and clients using project management software
- Participate in preparing progress and/or maintenance monitoring reports for clients
- Quick learner
- Good general familiarity with internetty stuff (you're not someone who is intimidated by computers or the internet)
- Coordination experience
- A high level of personal organizational skills
- Strong verbal/written English communication skills
- Creative with an eye for design and detail
- Great people skills
- The ability to manage multiple projects
- The ability to meet deadlines
- The ability to work independently while minimizing mistakes
- Ability to prioritize projects and handle multiple tasks efficiently
- Diploma or degree in related field, such as Digital Communications or Marketing Communications, or equivalent work experience
- Experience working in Wordpress CMS, Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite.
Bonus points (not required):
- Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop and Illustrator) and/or Sketch
- Basic HTML, CSS (this is not a coding position, but you might get a little experience)
- Web design knowledge
- Knowledge or experience managing google analytics account, or email marketing system
Only those candidates short listed for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in working with Medium Rare Interactive.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 /hour