Interested in being a part of the MSC family?
Who is MSC? Behind every one of our containers, our 490 container vessels, sailing on over 200 trade routes, you’ll also find a whole lot of company with people that love what they do and the company they work for.
Working at MSC, you are part of a continuously evolving organization. Employee’s don’t only facilitate ocean transport, they aspire and achieve professional growth.
- Are you passionate or interested in learning about maritime shipping & logistics?
- Are you entrepreneurial at heart and want to be a part of a family owned company?
- Are you a people person who cares for others?
- Are you a dedicated and committed individual who believes in continuously evolving?
If so, read below to see if this position is right for you!
Reporting to the Executive, Vice- President Logistics & Operations, the VP of Supply Chain & Procurement is tasked with the responsibility of leading departmental business areas through various aspects of the commercial, operational and corporate landscape of the organization. The senior executive not only strives towards a consistent trajectory of growth, while avoiding obstacles that arise from constantly shifting realities of our business; monitors the progress of towards achieving the objectives and targets set.
- Identify key areas for change strategies and opportunities that might impact the business, by providing input to final and key decisions approved by senior management.
- Liaise with all areas of the business to move initiatives forward as required, representing area department leads in meetings and acting on their behalf as required
- Demonstrate a superior level of competency to conduct discussions with senior vendors/customers; conveying the appropriate disposition, superior level of professionalism and decorum, where necessary
- Internally and externally champion company decisions, direction and initiatives with positivity; embodying the MSC culture in all areas.
- Define and undertake required initiatives to ensure staff motivation vis-à-vis core values of the company are being adhered to by the organization.
- Act as an ambassador for MSC within Canada, by representing the organization where necessary.
- Participate actively in ongoing Sr level meetings with all key stakeholders involved; providing insight to continuous improvement strategies and requirements.
- Direct and manage all logistics operations of the company relating container movement within Canada and the processes to achieve logistical efficiency
- Analyze the company’s logistics and supply chain framework, create a comprehensive strategic plan and oversee the implementation of the plan through KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) to maintain transport efficiency and ensure on-time delivery of the products
- Conduct market research and data analysis to inform on the strategic plan
- Develop and oversee the administrative and financial framework for Canada related logistical operations
- Propose budget plans and cost-controlling mechanisms and procedures for all logistics operations including port operations, inland container movement and balance flows to support inbound and outbound cargo
- Promote the company in establishing trust and long-term partnerships, and entering into strategic contracts with local companies or agencies within Canada
- Work in collaboration with management to implement policies and plans to ensure MSC Canada comply with the relevant rules and regulations
- Ensure the company’s strategic objectives and plans which have been set are being met.
- Oversee the development of the Logistics forecasting & planning maturity model, processes and tools to deliver information to the operational teams to enable flawless performance on service level and cost efficiency
- Partner with Finance to complete the annual budgeting process and business cases as required
- Responsible for the procurement process for the tactical and strategic procurement of vendor contracts and services to be used by the Company. The incumbent will utilize common practices and experience to build and improve processes to support contracting and quoting requirements for the managers of the individual trade areas.
- Effective liaison with stakeholders to ensure strategies, programs and processes required to meet business goals and objectives are implemented and performance is monitored. Ensure corrective actions plans are documented and instituted quickly for all performance levels under standard.
- Develop, oversee and produce various complex reports, analyses, and recommendations as defined by management, both on a regular and ad hoc basis
- Manages deliverables agreed to for the group overall, providing management with regular updates, identifying issues, and barriers, and solutions
- The right candidate will lead us to an accurate sales forecast, develop a just in time supply plan, proactively develop solutions to improve velocity, costs, customer experience, directly manage our procurement process and work successfully with our key stakeholders.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Minimum of 7-10 years’ managerial skills (with and/or without direct reports), including leading successful teams, resource planning, time management and priority assessment capabilities
- Ability to establish a business case, make recommendations, take and document decisions
- Ability to research and analyse business needs through market trends and other data sources
- Ability to uncover business objectives and requirements and report them back to stakeholders
- Ability to communicate and lead working groups
- Ability to define and analyse processes of a business for process improvement
- Remain current on industry and technology trends via continuous learning opportunities and professional development
- Possess strong negotiation skills, professionalism and integrity, effective verbal and written communication
- A solid business strategy approach to working, having already demonstrated (i.e. business case proposals, process improvement) and attained defined business goals.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (i.e... Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and technical ease
- Exceptional diplomacy, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a variety of people at all levels
- Bilingual (English and French) will be an asset.
What We have to offer
Great people who work hard and look out for each other because we’re a team—it’s that simple!
Just to name a few of our perks:
- 100% health and dental benefits coverage
- RRSP coverage with MSC Canada matching a portion of employee contribution
- Tailored training program opportunities for employee development
- Employee mentorship, leadership and assistance opportunities
- An employee referral incentive program
- Community Involvement
- Gym facility
- Health & Wellness Program
Hurry, and apply now!
MSC Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage applications from all interested parties. Accommodations are available, upon request, for those with a disability or medical need during any stage of the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their interest in MSC Canada however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.