Interested in being a part of the MSC family?
Who is MSC? Behind every one of our containers, our 490 container vessels, sailing on over 200 trade routes, you’ll also find a whole lot of company with people that love what they do and the company they work for.
Working at MSC, you are part of a continuously evolving organization. Employee’s don’t only facilitate ocean transport, they aspire and achieve professional growth.
- Are you passionate or interested in learning about maritime shipping & logistics?
- Are you entrepreneurial at heart and want to be a part of a family owned company?
- Are you a people person who cares for others?
- Are you a dedicated and committed individual who believes in continuously evolving?
If so, read below to see if this position is right for you!
Reporting directly to MSC Canada’s President & CEO, the Vice-President, Commercial Sales plays a pivotal strategic role
in the company’s sales revenue, growth and progressively aligning business strategies towards the company’s drive,
business initiatives and MSC Canada’s continued ventures for growth.
Overseeing our Canadian sales teams; the successful executive will lead, manage and be fully accountable to
generating sales with existing customers and developing opportunities to build relationships with new clientele.
This position requires a senior sales executive who can identify potential deals and develop the tactics and teams
needed to bring them to fruition. This senior executive will need to actively lead the business development function in
an effective, aggressive manner. At the same time, this executive is also expected to be a contributor to the
management of the company as a whole, as a member of the senior management team. These needs, essential at this
stage of MSC Canada’s growth, establish the necessary professional background and experience parameters for the
- Serve as a key member of the executive team driving the company’s strategic sales growth.
- Be the sole accountable individual for commercial sales growth of the organization.
- Define and implement a comprehensive Sales strategy and tactical plan.
- Manage and define a multi-million-dollar sales portfolio across all of our customers.
- Spearhead business development initiatives that are consistent with MSC Canada’s overall strategy and core values.
- Revenue generation and strategic partnerships development and management.
- Build and lead a sales team of approximately ten (10+) direct reports.
- Manage complex contract negotiations and work with internal local and international counsel as required.
- Be the bold and aggressive force in the sales group
- Through personal example, establish the style and approach, which will characterize MSC Canada's dealings with the marketplace
- Lead accountable and strategic driver for the organization’s key performance metrics and business growth
- Develop plans and strategies for succeeding the company’s sales goals
- Create a culture of success and ongoing business and goal achievement
- Oversee the sales teams, operations and resources to deliver profitable growth
- Manage the use of budgets through P & L
- Define optimal sales force structure, hire and develop sales staff
- Define and oversee sales staff compensation and incentive programs that motivate the sales team to achieve their sales targets
- Define and coordinate sales training programs that enable staff to achieve their potential and support company sales objectives
- Manage customer expectations and contribute to a high level of customer satisfaction
- Define sales processes that drive desired sales outcomes and identify improvements where and when required
- Implement sales infrastructure and systems to support the success of the sales function
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting
- Compile information and data related to customer and prospect interactions
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to company leadership team and other company functions
- Work closely with the marketing function to establish successful support, channel and partner programs
- Manage key customer relationships and participate in closing strategic opportunities
- Travel for in-person meetings with customers and partners and to develop key relationships
What We have to offer
Great people who work hard and look out for each other because we’re a team—it’s that simple!
Just to name a few of our perks:
- 100% health and dental benefits coverage
- RRSP coverage with MSC Canada matching a portion of employee contribution
- Tailored training program opportunities for employee development
- Employee mentorship, leadership and assistance opportunities
- An employee referral incentive program
- Community Involvement
- Gym facility
- Health & Wellness Program
Hurry, and apply now!
MSC Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage applications from all interested parties. Accommodations are available, upon request, for those with a disability or medical need during any stage of the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their interest in MSC Canada however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.