VP of Sales
Based out of Toronto, and reporting to the CEO, this is an outstanding opportunity for a sales leader ready to step-up his/her game in an industry undergoing rapid change for change. S/he will be responsible for the company’s overall growth strategy and execution.
The VP will drive the company’s achievement of its revenue and EBITDA expansion goals, including customer acquisition and retention. The VP understands success in sales extends beyond product and price. It begins with a clear definition of the target client/ prospect group and their business drivers. This leader is intellectually curious and develops a strong knowledge of the business climate that his/her clients operate in. Value propositions are not static but are crafted based on industry and client-specific business benefits.
The VP must have a proven track record as a decisive, action-oriented leader who has successfully implemented organizational change and can point to previous success in year-over-year new client growth and responsibly leading a sales organization through the cultural changes required. Responsible for an existing national team of about 20 sales, s/he will evaluate any need to restructure, as well as grow the team by up to 50%. This is a leader who communicates a vision and establishes an effective feedback loop that provides direction and focus; creates a culture of accountability; and proactively addresses problem performers before they affect team effectiveness.
Business planning, establishing business unit objectives and building cadence into forecasting and revenue delivery. Committed to consistency in territory planning, building account strategies and sales planning, the incumbent is expected to bring business process and sales discipline to Medisys. Expertise in market segmentation, territory planning, sales process, pipeline and account management are prerequisite.
Previous experience in healthcare is not required. The successful candidate will however have successfully sold professional services and personally closed enterprise deals with client executives. A thorough understanding of large enterprise buying patterns, product lifecycles and leading cross-functional teams comprised of field sales, marketing and product support is a necessity.
Leading from the front, the VP will be an influential and collaborative partner with stakeholders across the organization, with well-developed executive presence to represent the company with customers and partners in the field. There will be travel in this role, primarily throughout Canada.
- Demonstrated History of Performance
- Has consistently exceeded revenue and growth targets as an individual contributor and sales leader
- Fluent in SalesForce.com
- Leads from the front. Visible in the field with sales, clients, prospects and at industry events
- Displays strong business and ethical values, dedicated to personal growth, coaching, people development
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead a high performance sales organization. Establishes high levels of accountability and performance management
- Champions the use of effective business and sales planning to achieve revenue targets
- A skilled facilitator, able to manage people and align individual and team objectives with corporate goals
- Understands the mechanics of effective territory design, account coverage, product mix and establishing achievable “stretch” quotas
- Is committed to operational excellence within the sales organization: skills development, sales
- execution, forecasting, territory/verticals and account planning
- Strong process focus and detail orientation
- Understands the complexity of selling to FP 500 organizations
- Is sensitive to the cross-functional teamwork necessary for success internally, among partners and clients
Relationship Skills and Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Able to see and understand the bigger picture re corporate strategy
- Skilled at distilling corporate strategy into plans and programs necessary to achieve sales and profit goals
- Has the conceptual thinking skills to establish Medisys as the thought and program leader in Canada and lead the development of benefit versus product-based selling
- Able to develop effective geographic coverage models to optimize the location and use of resources
- Skilled at identifying industry trends and establishing competitive differentiation to protect pricing
Successful Candidate Attributes
- Exceptional at building client relationships at both management and executive levels
- Able to make decisions and comfortably operate in a team-based environment
- Cognizant of the importance of building internal relationships and rapport with HQ staff
- Exhibits a high degree of organizational awareness
- Polished communications and networking skills.
- Communicates effectively up and down
- Committed to individual development and effective performance appraisal processes
- University education Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred. Requires 7+ years of leadership experience, ideally selling to Human Resources and Benefits executives
- Able to point to previous success leading sales and cross-functional teams, ideally having led a comparably-sized organization to new heights
- Resilient, well-paced, flexible. Demonstrated initiative, able to work effectively within time constraints
- Resourceful, self-sufficient, assumes individual accountability
- Able to build and sustain relationships with mid-level and senior partner executives
- Sound knowledge of Salesforce or other CRM systems, financial and ERP systems
- Committed to personal and team health. Brings a winning attitude, team first
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, collaborative style, able to communicate effectively at all levels
Medisys is Canada’s leading nationwide provider of corporate health services, delivering integrated health management programs to organizations for almost 30 years. Our highly skilled professionals provide a full range of clinical and remote medical services across Canada at our 26 locations. Among many others, we provide executive medicals, travel consults, immunizations, medical surveillance programs, pre-employment health screenings, and wellness services.