Medisun Inc currently has an opportunity for a Mechanical or Chemical Engineer in our fully licensed cannabis cultivation facility. Reporting to the President, the successful candidate will advise other team members, giving solutions, options, and justifications with respect to:
- Current construction activities.
- Optimization of current facilities.
- Oversight of maintenance operations.
- Greenhouse, warehouse, bunkhouse, and auxiliary services.
- Automation initiatives.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual to join a dynamic and exponential organization. Applicants must be a proven self-starter, be hands-on, results oriented, and enjoy a fast-paced environment.
- Detailed design and contract administration for projects.
- Create engineering reports and project memos.
- Evaluate and review tender drawings and specification documents.
- Help review proposals, bid submissions, budget estimates, project plans and other supporting documents as required.
- Provide project coordination support to on-going and new initiatives in conjunction with Project managers and Project engineers.
- Act as a liaison between employees, sub-consultants and contractors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Chemical engineering
- Minimum 2 years of practical work experience
- Eligibility for Licensed to practice as a professional engineer in Ontario.
- Fluent with engineering software products including:
- Expert with MS Office products particularly Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, including programming.
- Autocad, data analysis software
- Construction and consulting experience an asset.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience with automation systems, PLC’s and DCS systems an asset.
- Experience with modeling and control of physical systems based on temperature, pressures, flows, and lab results an asset.
- Experience in industrial, institutional, agricultural and commercial projects
- Technical report and specification writing skills
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don't worry; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Medisun Inc welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
**The chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.