As a member of the Software Development team, the Programmer will be developing custom mobile apps and software applications for MEDISCA. Using their knowledge of current programming tools and software development best practices, ensuring a quality outcome to every project.
They will also be responsible for providing support of production business applications in a complex environment. Support for all components of the applications, databases and custom code. Collaborate with staff, IT colleagues and other stakeholders to identify user requirements, assess available technologies and create the solutions.
If you are an enthusiastic self-starter, goal driven, love programming and have an interest in the pharmaceutical industry, then we are looking for you!
Program and App Creation
- Meet with stakeholders to determine the requirements.
- Plan and spec out the projects with the development leader and team.
- Ensure all stages of the development life cycle are followed and complete (Requirements, Change Controls, Testing, Validation, Documentation etc)
Maintenance and Support
- Train users and provide user support as required for Medisca programs.
- Troubleshoot bugs and performance issues.
- Be available to coordinate off prime hours support and strive for zero downtime in a fast paced production setting
Travel: Possible occasional travel to other MEDISCA sites
- Experience with databases and understand database concepts
- Current IOS and Android programming expertise, using the latest tools.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Visual Studio, Java, C#, Crystal Reports, SQL Server, Microsoft Office and other current programming tools
- Knowledge of Syspro an asset
- Demonstrated creativity/innovation and positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills; fluent English and basic French (oral & written) required
- Two (2) to five (5) years experience in programming
- Cegep/College or University degree in Computer Science
Why work for MEDISCA:
- We strive to recruit the best talent
- We are committed to developing excellence in all our employees
- We offer excellent benefit package, a competitive salary as well as excellent career growth opportunities in a fast growing company
Be a part of our winning team and take advantage of the opportunity to excel in an exciting career that helps make a difference in the lives of millions of people through MEDISCA and the pharmacy compounding industry. Apply now for the Programmer position.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.