We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include working with prototypes and wireframes to implement a UI component library for the application. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
Reporting to the VP of software development, the Developer's key role is to get involved in building and maintaining a Health and wellness platform. The Developer will work with a team that includes a senior designer, backend and front-end developers, QA, SMEs and product owner. As creative thinker and problem solver, your job is to assess the challenges and come up with the solution to boost the team toward implementing the company vision.
* Develop new user-facing features for web and mobile apps
* Keep up to date with current web technologies
* Build reusable code and libraries for future use
* Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
* Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
* Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Solid experience developing with Angular framework (2-3 years)
* Good understanding of RXJS (Reactive programming) and TypeScript
* Hybrid mobile app development (Ionic 4 and Cordova frameworks)
* Experience working with the back-end developer in the process of building the RESTful API (WebAPI) and integration
* Solid understanding of Semantic web markup in HTML5 for accessibility
* Work experience with pre-processing libraries such as (SCSS, POST-CSS, LESS)
* Up to date understanding of working with responsive web layouts using CSS's Flexbox and Grid properties
* Experience working with UI Frameworks such as Material, Bootstrap or Foundation
* Experience working with Design Systems such as Material Design and iOS Human Interface
* Understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
* Works well as part of a team
* Some experience with legacy Angular.js versions will be helpful as we are in final phase of transitioning our code base from Angular.js to Angular.
* Understanding of functional programming
* Experience with TFS, GIT, JIRA and Sharepoint is a plus.
* Familiarity with DevOps practices
* Applying best practice in code to refactoring legacy code for better maintainability
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATION
University degree or college in computer technology or equivalent.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent