Medipense is actively searching for a passionate Android expert, embedded software engineer or developer with specific interest and experience in robotics or embedded systems to design, code, integrate, test and maintain the next generation of digital health products and services. You have developed a mobile app under Android and are ready for the next step - having your software control a real product designed to help our aging population.
Helping our healthcare system cope with our rapidly aging society is important to us. Medication dispensing & remote monitoring with the RxPense(r) is our passion. Come make it yours! Explore our web site to enter our world.
We need you to:
- Develop code in an embedded, secured, controlled environment.
- Optimize existing code, threading, timing and performance.
- Develop applications under Android Kit Kat 4.4 and up
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mechatronics or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of embedded software development experience in a real work environment (out of school)
- Strong knowledge of real-time, embedded, event driven, multi-board control and communications systems
- Solid understanding of C, C++, JAVA, Android 4.4+, JSON, XML
- You have written your own drivers, modified the Android core OS to fix what's broken and enhance what does not perform well
- Strong understanding of multi-threaded applications and timing constraints
- Able to learn quickly and easily adapt to a wide variety of programming challenges
- Excellent communication skills
- A problem solver with a positive attitude and excellent relationship management skills
- Comfortable working in a multicultural, multilingual work environment developing multicultural, multilingual products
- Must be able to communicate fluently (100% mastery of the language) in at least one of English or French, ideally both.
- You're a self-starter, highly effective working independently and within a team
We offer group insurance, a casual and collaborative work environment, flexible hours and free coffee! Only local candidates with Canadian citizenship or Permanent Resident Status will be considered.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year
- Android Development: 3 years (Required)
- English or French (Required)