Under the direction of the Director of Corporate Audit, the Corporate Audit Intern will assist with completing risk-based audits or projects in accordance with the Audit Plan. The intern will also assist with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) testing by participating in walkthrough meetings, documenting the business processes by creating process flowcharts using Microsoft Visio, and testing controls in accordance with the SOX controls framework.
The Corporate Audit Intern position is a temporary position within the Corporate Audit department and has no direct reports. The position offers the unique opportunity to serve as a key member of the department and be exposed to many stages of the audit process, which may include planning, testing and reporting. The Intern will have the ability to learn about various departments and their processes and provide value-added suggestions to enhance the internal control environment and process improvements.
- Adequately complete audit or SOX test procedures assigned in accordance with the test plans created by the Director of Corporate Audit.
- Prepared detailed work papers that documents that testing procedures performed and sufficiently support the related conclusions.
- Effectively communicate testing results to the audit team. Escalate any issues or constraints that prevent the timely completion of assigned tasks.
- If any testing exceptions or deficiencies are identified, corroborate with the audit team to develop appropriate action plans to address the weakness and areas of concern noted during the audit.
- Attend and participate in audit planning and closing meetings.
- Current student pursuing a Bachelor's degree or Graduate's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Visio.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, follow-up and organizational skills.
- Ability to execute assigned tasks within the budgeted time allotments.
- Ability to work effectively independently, and as a member of a team.