An opportunity exists for an enthusiastic and innovative Early Learning Program teacher at Webster Niblock School on a 1.0 FTE temporary full-time position for the 2019-2020 school year. Webster Niblock is an elementary school in Medicine Hat, serving approximately 220 students from ELP through to Grade Six. The school’s motto is “Learning for Our Future”. Webster Niblock School is a community of learners who create and maintain a safe, caring and supportive environment, which encourages high standards of student learning. Ongoing collaboration and a positive school climate create opportunities for learners to become well-balanced, responsible and self-directed citizens. The successful candidate must be willing to collaborate and serve as a Collaborative Response Model team member.
Webster Niblock School’s Early Learning Programs meets the dynamic needs of children three years old by December 31, 2019 to 5 years of age. This play based program provides invaluable opportunities for all children under the direction of Alberta Education and Medicine Hat Public School Division.
Preference will be given to the candidates with the following qualities and skills:
- Bachelor of education with background in Early Childhood/Special Education
- Commitment to play based learning
- Ability to provide developmentally appropriate activities within an inquiry-based approach
- Programming experience for children with complex needs
- Experience with Individual Support Plans and parent meetings
- Experience with Complex Communication Programming
- Positive Behavior Supports
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional leadership ability- collaborative staff management
- Ability to collaborate with a variety of service providers
For further information about the position or the school please contact Andy Fune at 403-527-4541 ext. 5702 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.