JOB POSTING - Payroll & HRIS Supervisor
Our organization is comprised of committed individuals, each making a positive impact on the well-being of our customers - focused on growth and innovation within the industry.
Our commitment to you:
- Providing a safe, secure and supportive environment
- Strategies that stimulate job satisfaction, professional growth and development
- Work schedules that allow for a healthy and fulfilling work-life balance
- Providing the tools, training and resources necessary to achieve success
- Continuous improvement, innovation and investment in technology
Job Title: Payroll & HRIS Supervisor
Location: Head Office - Markham, ON
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Director, Human Resources
No. of Positions: 1
Type: Full time Permanent
Salary: Salary, commensurate with experience
Benefits: Yes, Comprehensive benefits package including health and dental insurance, disability & life insurance as well as opportunity to participate in a group registered savings plans provide
Responsible for payroll, benefits, HRIS and maintaining employee records.
- Manage and maintain in-house Payroll/HRIS database (Avanti), completing updates as required.
- Manage the company payroll cycle and process in compliance with provincial legislation(s) and company policies, as well as collective agreements, where applicable.
- Process biweekly payroll for Senior Management and Executive employees.
- Prepare manual off-cycle payments, as required.
- Balance payroll accounts by auditing information; identifying and resolving discrepancies in collaboration with Finance.
- Process accurate and timely statutory remittances e.g. garnishments, EHT, WSIB/WCB, source deductions.
- Preparation and distribution of reports, as required.
- Manage the day-to-day administration of the company group benefits & RRSP program.
- Review, analyze and conduct frequent payroll, benefits and source deductions audits in order to maintain and implement changes, best-practice and quality control measures.
- Meet payroll financial standards by providing annual budget information.
- Work with outside auditors and conduct analysis as requested.
- Manage Payroll Administrator position.
- Provide guidance to and shares knowledge with colleagues/team members relating to own specialization.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; benchmarking practices; participating in professional associations.
- Cover for team members in back-up role for vacation and/or high-volume work efforts.
Skills & Qualifications
- Diploma or Degree in related field
- Certified Payroll Manager (CPM) is preferred
- Minimum 5 years' experience in progressive payroll and benefits administration
- Minimum 3 years' in a supervisory or team lead position
- Thorough knowledge of provincial employment and regulatory requirements applied to payroll functions
- Keen eye for detail and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with internal/external contacts, both orally and in writing
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; advanced skill with Excel
- Experience with general ledger reconciliation and RRSP administration
- Experience working with in-house payroll software. Experience with Avanti Payroll Software an asset
While we thank you for your interest, only select applicants will be contacted regarding the position. Please cite Job Posting #99-Payroll and submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to: Human Resources
Medical Pharmacies Group Limited is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing diversity and accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. All applicants must make their requirements known when contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Payroll supervisory or team lead: 3 years (Required)