JOB POSTING - Director, Marketing & Business Development - Specialty Pharmacy
Join one of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies! Our mission is to provide excellence in pharmaceutical care to meet the individual needs of each client. Our organization is comprised of committed individuals, each making a positive impact on the well-being of our customers - focused on growth and innovation within the industry.
Our commitment to you:
- Providing a safe, secure and supportive environment
- Strategies that stimulate job satisfaction, professional growth and development
- Work schedules that allow for a healthy and fulfilling work-life balance
- Providing the tools, training and resources necessary to achieve success
- Continuous improvement, innovation and investment in technology
- Sustaining and strengthening partnerships with the entire health care team
Job Title: Director, Marketing & Business Development - Specialty Pharmacy
Location: Head Office - Markham, Ontario
Reports to: SVP / GM, Specialty & Retail
No. of Positions: 1
Type: Full-Time Permanent
Salary: Salary, commensurate with experiences
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package including health and dental insurance, disability & life insurance as well as opportunity to participate in a group registered savings plan
Main Purpose of Job:
This position is primarily responsible for leading a fully integrated marketing strategy for Specialty pharma in new and existing business space and providing direction with operational excellence to deliver innovative solutions and optimum customer experience to achieve growth targets for MPGL.
- Define the specialty market and MPGLs position in it.
- Explore through continuous analysis of competitive environment, industry developments, innovations, and customer trends.
- Develop and implement marketing strategy, plan, and budget based on external analysis and corporate strategy to drive growth and new business development.
- Define and develop the Specialty market through effective positioning and driving a differentiated value proposition.
- Identify and help develop relationships with potential clients, influencers and key stakeholders to explore opportunities for growth.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to define customized solutions and resources.
- Provide direction and identify opportunities for BDMs on areas of focus.
- Participate in proposal development.
- Develop and launch new products and services within existing business.
- Develop and launch new products and services in identified markets in line with MPGL growth strategies.
- Lead effective reporting and analytics to enable proper decisions
- Create and drive an innovative approach to business development and marketing, with continuous improvement in systems, processes, standards and services.
- Secure and retain business through professional, consultative, proactive sales activities directed at decision-makers and decision influencers at new clients.
- Carry out continuous analysis to ensure that company's business strategy is competing effectively.
- Continuously develop the operational service team through knowledge enhancement,
- Drive necessary people processes to ensure employee engagement and productivity
- Build strong collaborative relationships with other key internal leaders.
- Maintain contact with relevant external stakeholders through different forums, events, channels to drive positive MPGL brand.
- Maintain awareness of the industry, its environment and opportunities and actively promote positive external perception of the business
- Minimum of 10 years' experience, strong preference in the Specialty pharma / healthcare industry
- Proven track record of success in senior marketing roles - experience in defining markets, launching products / services.
- University/college degree: Degree or certification in business administration or related discipline
- Ability to travel both provincially and nationally
While we thank you for your interest, only select applicants will be contacted regarding the position. Please cite Job Posting # 99-2818 and submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Ontario Medical Supply Inc. is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing diversity and accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. All applicants must make their requirements known when contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Specialty pharma / healthcare sales industry: 10 years (Preferred)