The Brooklyn Eye Center is a multi-specialty ophthalmic practice with multiple locations throughout Brooklyn and the Bronx. We have an opening for a Software Engineer to create and maintain internal software programs for our business. The ideal candidate will have a passion for technology and software development and programming. Attention to detail and an analytical mind are essential qualities. He or she should be self-motivated and self-supervised.
- Collaborate with upper management to determine programming objectives
- Write and test code for in-house software programs
- Debug code for existing programs based on immediate need
- Conduct end-user training upon completion of software
- Balance workday between multiple projects and respond immediately to tech support requests from staff
- Implement systems in in-house production environment
- Ensure programs, external equipment, networks, etc. are all in proper communication
- Confirm program operation by conducting tests; modifying program sequence and/or codes
- Troubleshoot system bugs and issues
- Maintains historical records by documenting program development and revision
- Stay on top of industry breakthroughs and any new relevant programming technology
- Bachelor's Degree or 5 years full time work experience in Computer Science, Computer Programming or related field
- 3+ years full time software development experience
- Experience with at least one scripting language, e.g. Python, Ruby, Visual Basic, etc.
- Experience with at least one typed language, e.g. Java, C#, C++, etc.
- Experience with at least one database system, e.g. SQL Server, SQLite, PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows operating systems and Microsoft software
Job Type: Full-time
- Programming: 3 years (Preferred)
- software development: 3 years (Required)
- Remote/Work from home
- One location
- Multiple locations