Consider an opportunity with the Medical Council of Canada (MCC)!
Working at the MCC means being part of a dynamic team that ensures the highest standard of physician evaluation.
Every member of our team, in any job, at any level, is involved in contributing to the health and well-being of Canadians.
Employee Communications Specialist
13 Month Contract
Starting Salary range: $61,000 - $71,700 a year dependent on experience
As the Employee Communications Specialist you will be an agent of change who will ensure that internal communications are driven by integrity and clarity and will inspire and engage MCC staff as we deliver on excellence in physician evaluation. This role partners with and provides strategic advice to internal clients to deliver on MCC’s internal communication strategy.
Your key responsibilities would include:
- Partner with internal stakeholders to develop an annual internal communications plan that will engage, inform and inspire MCC’s employees
- Work with internal partners to identify and develop items of interest for employees, developing and implementing tactical plans
- Assess and adjust internal communication vehicles, to improve their effectiveness. This includes employee town halls, meetings, emails and news posts, and SharePoint (the MCC intranet)
- Measure and monitor internal communications outcomes, gathering metrics, and adjusting plans/strategies accordingly
- Work with HR on building strong employer branding
- Update the Communications & Marketing SharePoint page as required
- Regularly update the News & Events content on the SharePoint homepage
- Evaluate and works with internal stakeholders on employee related information on SharePoint
- Advise internal clients on communications best practices and develops tactical communications plans
- Work with internal clients to drive change initiatives impacting the employee experience
- Write, edit and distribute materials relating to internal programs and services
As an ideal candidate, you would bring:
- Superior oral and written skills in English, with oral and written skills in French preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Human Resources or a related field
- 3-5 years of internal communications experience with a thorough understanding of internal communications practices
- Experience managing and administering intranet content
- Experience developing internal communication strategies and implementing tactics to help maintain and strengthen organizational culture
- Experience with SharePoint or similar platforms and workflow developments an asset
- Excellent written and presentation skills
- Knowledge of information technology and proficiency in the use of relevant computer-based tools
- Camtasia: Video editing/screen casting software
- Social media platforms: LinkedIn, FB, Twitter, YouTube
- WordPress (an asset)
- BrightAuthor (an asset)
- Familiarity with media relations and public relations practice
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Strong communication and client relationship management skills
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and work under pressure
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proven team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- A defined benefit pension plan
- A complete benefit package your first day on the job
- Three weeks’ vacation right off the bat
- A company paid holiday closure in December – our gift to you!
- A 35-hour work week
- Compressed and telework programs
- Free onsite parking - any day, any time
- An onsite gym plus complimentary Yoga, Bootcamp, Movement & Mobility and Zumba® classes
Visit our Careers webpage to learn more about why the Medical Council of Canada is a National Capital Region Top Employer!
Accommodations will be provided at all stages of the hiring process; we ask applicants to make their needs known in advance.
Please note that only those invited for an interview will be contacted.