The Payment Representative is responsible for posting payments, adjustments, rejections, reconciling, and balancing daily payments, deposits, and refunds to patient accounts in accordance with current policy and procedure.
- Daily processing of cash receipts and postings to customer accounts, including payments made by credit cards as well as other adjustments to customer accounts for credits/debits and account write-offs.
- Interface with the Credit and Collections function to troubleshoot and resolve customer payment discrepancies.
- Reviews a variety of reports, documents and on-line data systems to research problems.
- Performs reconciliations to the general ledger and other month-end procedures.
- Identifies patterns of over payments and brings them to the attention of appropriate supervisory personnel; identifies inaccurate payments, posting errors and resolves accordingly communicating any needed system changes.
- Performs other tasks or special projects as assigned.
- Run and analyze balancing report to ensure accurate posting; promptly informs manager of discrepancies.
- Transfer ERA/EFT's correctly, matching the check total
- Pull online deposit's daily and post
- Maintain daily cash log, including cash balancing and reconciliation of bank deposits.
- Enters refunds in the TRS system(s) in a timely manner.
- Prepares Check Registry for all refunds and submits to AP.
- Submits underpayments and overpayments to appropriate Collector for follow-up.
- Performs weekly allocation of deposits
- Maintains credit balance of 1.0 days.
- Ensures accurate transfer of patient account balances to system(s).
- Follow-up to ensure resolution for cash balance error and bank reconciliation.
- Researches and corrects all transactions relating to unapplied cash and any other cashiering transactions needed.
- Posts and balances batches to tape totals.
- Ensure accurate processing of all transactions, as per BDP guidelines.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2-3 years minimum experience in medical payment posting, or related experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Communication - Communicates clearly, concisely, and professionally.
- Analytical Skills - Demonstrates ability to critically evaluate and act upon information.
- Customer Orientation - Establishes long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations.
- Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or develops appropriate solutions; takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Contributing to Team Success - Actively participates as a member of the Center's team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Policies & Procedures - Articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures, and systems.
- PC Skills - Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook) applications; knowledge of, or ability to learn, Accounts Receivable System, and other systems as required. Demonstrates ability to type on PC keyboard.
- Technical Skills -Ability to operate 10-key, knowledge of invoicing, orders, and general accounting principles.
- Well organized and attentive to detail
- Ability to maintain workload and respond to correspondence received within 48 hours; work within specified deadlines and stressful situations.
- Able to work overtime when necessary to meet department goals and objectives.
- Ability to sit and work at a computer workstation for extended periods of time.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed, and are not to be construed as a comprehensive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $26,000.00 to $29,000.00 /year