We are accepting applications until Monday, April 29, 2019 at 5:00 pm
How to apply:
- Send us a letter about yourself and your approach to communications, and a resume.
- Optional: Feel free to share writing samples (e.g. communications plans, reports, social media content)
Job Description: Strategist Competencies:
- All team members work toward expert status in a variety of core skill-sets including communications leadership, strategic foresight, research, analytics, tactics design and visual thinking.
- We expect all our strategists to be competent in multiple areas since we do not have singular focus areas. You should be willing to add new skills and to challenge yourself professionally.
- Research and write a variety of types of products: communications and campaign strategies, press releases, advisories, social media updates, reports
- Identify and generate activity in relevant communication channels and nurture relationships with key influencers
- Collect information, coordinate and distribute news through a variety of platforms
- Together with the team, drive social media campaigns from start to finish
- Characterize, quantify and present metrics, tracking and reports for PR, online marketing and social media campaigns
- Post and maintain web content using Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress)
- Stay on top of all things communications related, including best practices, guidelines and trends
- Play an active role in supporting the team's business development and sales goals
- 3+ years in a public relations and/or social media marketing-related role, or related work experience
- Skills and competencies for creative-focused tasks such as video, web or graphic design is always a bonus
- Strong writing, editing and verbal communications skills
- Experience working directly with the public
- Demonstrated ability to manage and maintain an effective online presence
- Preference will be given to candidates with a proficiency in English and French
- Strong analytical skills of marketing, communications and campaign materials
- Ability to network and build new relationships online and offline
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Solid background drafting press releases, creative copy and social media
- Academic degree or technical diploma in public relations, journalism, social sciences, marketing or a business-related field.
- Salary range is $45,000 to $50,000 commensurate to experience.
- MediaStyle offers a benefits package with generous personal time, flexibility and extended health coverage.
MediaStyle promotes the principles of anti-oppression and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code. We encourage applications from people of all genders, races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities and sexual orientations. We strive to reduce unconscious bias throughout our hiring process.
We apologize but MediaStyle will only be able to contact those who will be interviewed for the position.
MediaStyle provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If contacted, please advise us if you require any accommodation.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- Related work: 3 years (Preferred)