MediaPlatform(r), the industry leader for best-in-class live webcasting technology, is seeking a Front End Engineer to be a part of a team responsible for the next-generation of our live video streaming software. We offer organizations the ability to take advantage of scalable cloud-based computing in order to present and manage their rich media. MediaPlatform(r) helps clients derive long-term value from their investment in generated content. MediaPlatform's(r) current software products WebCaster(r) and PrimeTime(r) are used by enterprise clients like GM, Accenture, Adobe, and Sprint for live-stream and video-on-demand presentations.
As a Front End Engineer, you will be hands-on while working on our next-generation live video streaming application, Broadcaster(r). We are in the process of taking a proof of concept into a production-ready application and we are looking for an experienced engineer to be a key contributor to the front-end development. Working with cutting-edge technologies, collaborating with back-end engineers, and prototyping proof of concepts, you will solve complex UI challenges in innovative ways. You should be well-versed in best practices, but also draw from your experience to know when it may be beneficial to pave new roads. You will be a part of a collaborative environment where each team member feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, and culture.
ES6, React, Redux, Material-UI, Typescript, styled-components, WebSockets, Webpack, EventEmitter
- 2+ years hands-on experience developing web client applications
- Make technological recommendations, understanding trade-offs between different alternatives
- Understand how to build applications backed by a REST-full back-end
- Writing unit tests with tools such as Mocha/Chai, Jasmine, or Jest as well as UI component unit tests using Enzyme, or similar
- Experienced with an application framework such as React, Angular2+, or Ember (React preferred)
- Well-versed in distributed version control systems such as Git/GitHub or Mercurial
- Solid understanding of both object oriented and functional programming paradigms
- Experience in a small organization or start-up environment
- Experience building reusable, stand-alone React components
- Experience with video players, such as VideoJs, and native HTML5 video technology
- REST API design and/or development
- Familiarity with event-driven (messaging) architectures
Please submit your resume when applying. No phone inquiries, recruiters or 3rd party employers. We do not sponsor H1B visas. Must possess valid US work authorization.