Mediaocean is the world’s largest, independent advertising technology company. Our clients include the most successful advertising agencies, media specialists, media owners, and advertisers. Mediaocean’s mission is to enable advertising agencies to leverage the power of technology in a rapidly changing digital landscape. Mediaocean is making this a reality through the creation of global, open and neutral operating systems that will benefit and transform the entire industry.
What You Will Do:
Mediaocean is searching for a mid-level software engineer to join our development team in New York. You will develop high quality, high performant, testable, and maintainable code. Working in a friendly and motivated team, you will be following agile best practices to interpret business problems and write elegant software solutions.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop, maintain and document code based on user stories
- Support and enhance existing software and/or participate in the development of new software initiatives
- Perform unit testing and debug new and/or modified code
- Demo your solutions at regular intervals to Product and QA teams
- Participate in basic code reviews that include pull-requests; reviewing others’ code.
- Fact-finding and technical research
- Respond to straightforward disruptions of production systems in a timely manner
- Demonstrate a general understanding of programming principles, methodologies, tools, and techniques
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- 2-4 years of software development experience
- Experience with Java, J2EE, Spring, Spring MVC, Restful Webservices and SQL
- Experience with designing restful APIs is a plus.
- Experience with hibernate and Spring Data JPA is a plus
- Experience with MongoDB is a plus.
- Familiarity with standard development tools such as IntelliJ Idea, Eclipse, SQL Developer, Jenkins is a plus.