What You Will Do:
Mediaocean is searching for a mid-level software engineer to join our development team in New York. You will develop high quality, high performant, testable, and maintainable code. Working in a friendly and motivated team, you will be following agile best practices to interpret business problems and write elegant software solutions.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop, maintain and document code based on user stories
- Support and enhance existing software and/or participate in the development of new software initiatives
- Perform unit testing and debug new and/or modified code
- Demo your solutions at regular intervals to Product and QA teams
- Participate in basic code reviews that include pull-requests; reviewing others’ code.
- Fact-finding and technical research
- Respond to straightforward disruptions of production systems in a timely manner
- Demonstrate a general understanding of programming principles, methodologies, tools, and techniques
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- 2-4 years of software development experience
- Experience with Java, J2EE, Spring, Spring MVC, Restful Webservices and SQL
- Experience with designing restful APIs is a plus.
- Experience with hibernate and Spring Data JPA is a plus
- Experience with MongoDB is a plus.
- Familiarity with standard development tools such as IntelliJ Idea, Eclipse, SQL Developer, Jenkins is a plus.