MediaMonks is looking for a Rich Media Developer to safeguard and ensure the smooth performance of our development projects. In this unique position, you’ll play a key role in a specialist team that is producing fantastic rich media ads for one our biggest global clients.
Role & Responsibilities
- Work with Google Web Designer
- Translate designs and mockups into fully functioning creatives using HTML/CSS/JS
- Continuously look for ways to improve creative and development outputs
- Rigorously educate yourself on the latest development techniques and best practices
- Clearly communicate technical solutions to team members and clients both verbally and in written documentation
- Implement new digital technologies or development techniques that help to meet client goals and business objectives
- Deliver the best technical implementations for our partners - all rooted in acquisition, conversion and retention
Development skills (in order of importance)
- Experience using JS Frameworks (jQuery, Greensock, etc.)
- Familiarity developing with CSS pre-processors (LESS, SASS, etc.)
- Besides proficiency in programming, practical experience with developing interactive banners and rich media ads is a must
- A deep understanding of ad-serving platforms such as DoubleClick, Sizmek and FlashTalking is part and parcel but can be learnt on the job
- While DoubleClick certifications aren’t essential to your application, it is considered awesome and is something that’ll be required at a later point
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
- Deep understanding of cross-browser issues and code solutions
- Understanding of client-side performance optimization
- Mastery of version control systems and code repositories (SVN/GitHub etc.)
Design and Animation skills (in order of importance)
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite - especially Photoshop / Illustrator
- You’re able to work from a given design and translate it ‘pixel perfect’ to a full-fledged HTML execution
- Some experience in timeline based animation tools such as After Effects or Adobe Animate (formerly Flash, if you’re oldschool) is a big plus
- Excellent typographic skills
Please be attentive to the requirements and accompany your application with a personal cover letter detailing why you’re the right Monk for the job.
- Comfortable wearing different hats, you have experience in one or more of the following roles: rich media developer, front end software engineer, product manager
- You are very comfortable and have past experience with GWD and rich media development
- Working as part of an international operation, you need to have infallible English communication skills as well as speak GEEK fluently.
- Process is your middle name and your appreciation for precision and spreadsheets is high.
- You’re solutions-oriented and analytical in your approach at all times.
- Portfolio with relevant samples
- Examples of responsive web design, HTML Rich Media and animation
Join Our Team
In return for your dedication to details, deadlines and deliveries, you’ll get to work with an amazing set of colleagues at one of the top 50 companies creative people would kill to work for. You’ll be part of a successful and super-fast-moving company on a global mission to become the best production partner in any field and market. You can go all-in with our company culture and all-out at parties and winter sports. In addition, you can enjoy the incredibly cool Abbot Kinney area of Venice, just a short stroll to the beach.