The Analyst will provide analytical support to the sales, marketing, and business development departments. They will focus on performance and optimization of our key client accounts. They will collect and analyze data, and then apply mathematical models and statistics to guide key decisions and management.
Core responsibilities include optimizing campaigns, preparing and interpreting data and reporting, and reviewing key performance indicators (KPIs) to provide suggestions and guidance. The analyst will also support the product and engineering teams, as well as executive management, in building and evaluating tools and software.
- Compile, analyze and interpret performance data to best optimize advertiser campaigns.
- Build and evaluate mathematical models and optimization approaches towards maximizing advertiser’s return on investment (ROI).
- Analyze data across our marketplace to uncover opportunities for growth and efficient allocation of resources.
- Work with engineering and product teams to prototype, build, and evaluate the MediaAlpha platform’s optimization tools.
- Help clients build, execute and optimize campaigns, measure, and present results.
- Provide consultative and strategic marketing guidance for clients.
- Build templates and tools to improve efficiency and efficacy of analysis and optimizations.
- Strong analytical ability and attention to detail
- Experience synthesizing large data sets.
- Capacity to think critically and creatively, identify problems, and propose solutions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter who can take initiative on projects, work to scale existing processes and implement new ones.
- Strong Excel proficiency (pivot tables, vlookups, data manipulation).
- Strong proficiency with statistical and financial concepts (e.g., confidence intervals and ROI).
- Experience using programming/scripting languages for data analysis and mathematical modeling preferred (SQL, Python, R, Stata, etc.).
- 2+ years of work experience in an analytical role.
- B.S. required, must be in a quantitative discipline (e.g., economics, finance, engineering, math or statistics).
- Highly competitive salary and bonus program participation.
- High-quality health and dental care plans with no employee contributions and zero deductibles (in network). Flexible spending account.
- Unlimited PTO.
- 401K company contribution program (after 90 days).
- Professional training and education reimbursements.
- Generous employee perks (e.g., mobile phone program, gym membership, employee lunches).