Media Experts is a leading Canadian media agency helping major Canadian brands deliver messaging across digital, broadcast, print, and out of home. We are data-driven and powered by the spirit of discovery. Our unique approach revolves around designing effective, hard-working Mediasystems™ that drive brand engagement and deliver outstanding business results.
We are seeking a curious and passionate Supervisor, Media Planning to join our dynamic team of maverick Experts in Vancouver.
A bit about the role:
The Supervisor, Media Planning, first and foremost is passionate about advertising. A strategic thinker, demonstrating a 360-degree application of media to design solutions to solve for clients’ business challenges. Flawless executions and analysis are table-stakes, as is the desire to mentor and develop the team. We need someone who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and wants to deliver exceptional work and industry firsts. If you value speed, teamwork and innovation, then you belong at Media Experts.
Impress us with your:
- Ability to develop media strategies and present integrated plans, as well as oversee implementation and management of the plan;
- Passion for developing/overseeing recommendations that go beyond the conventional media flowchart to consider all forms of paid, non-paid/earned & owned media;
- Drive to seek out opportunity for business development;
- Setting of realistic client expectations, and making every effort to exceed them, by providing quality work in a timely and responsive manner;
- Finesse at managing media professionals by providing guidance on setting or re-defining priorities. This includes identifying with staff, developmental opportunities, and helping them to work toward reaching their professional goals;
- Leadership capacities and ability to maintain strong client relationships while keeping consistent, thorough, real time knowledge of client business;
- Proven results at managing and being accountable for media budgets and client billing.
A bit about you:
- You have 5-7 years specific to strategic planning, with added buying experience
- You bring a deep 360-degree understanding of media planning and buying disciplines to the table, specifically digital, broadcast, out of home and print.
- You have proven ability to lead teams through the media planning process, and proven knowledge of media planning and research tools and resources.
- You hang your diploma or degree high, with an educational background in a related field (media, advertising, marketing) or equivalent work experience.
- You have experience in managing and developing staff, with strong leadership, mentoring, and coaching skills
- You’re known for your ability to develop and maintain strong professional relationships with clients, colleagues and vendors.
- You exhibit exceptional communication skills in English, both oral and written
What’s in it for you?
- Beer and wine Fridays? Check.
- Access to the latest industry platforms and training programs? Check.
- A chance to drive business results for top-tier Canadian brands? Check.
- An epic yearly trip to summer camp in Ontario? Check.
- An annual rocking holiday party in Montreal? Check.
- From the tip of the ocean to the top of the mountain in twenty minutes, you work in a beautiful office in Vancouver’s historic and vibrant Gastown neighborhood? Check.
- An agency that truly believes in giving back to the community through volunteer outreach programs? Check.
- All the free Cheerios and granola you can eat? CHECK!
- Compensation based on experience, parental leave, health insurance, RRSP saving options, summer hours, vacation + extra-long weekends + a week off during the holiday season.
- And of course, an awesome agency and clients to work with.
If you are interested in the position, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com and indicate “Vancouver – Supervisor, Media Planning” in the subject line.
Media Experts is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage applications from all interested parties. Accommodations are available, upon request, for those with a disability or medical need during any stage of the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their interest in Media Experts, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.