The best way to get someone’s attention is to break a pattern. With that in mind, Media Experts has been turning industry heads for 39 years by Making a Big Impression. A data-driven Canadian media agency powered by the spirit of discovery, we build iconic brands within the Canadian market. Our unique approach revolves around designing effective, hard-working media strategies that drive brand engagement and deliver outstanding business results.
We are actively seeking a Digital Media Coordinator in our Toronto office who will become an integral member of our Digital Media Systems team while also working closely with our customers and account teams.
About the position:
The role of a Media Planner (Digital) is to manage our holistic digital media planning product through preparing and presenting media plans, proposals, and analysis. This role requires you to work as part of an integrated media planning team to ensure the product is grounded in insights and experience, resulting in flawless media executions.
What you’d be doing day-to-day:
- Contribute to the creation of digital media plans, proposals and analysis that satisfy client objectives and go beyond the brief by acting as a digital subject matter expert to the planning team.
- Oversee the administration and maintenance of the plan – regularly evaluate campaign performance, proactively optimize campaigns, provide campaign post reports and ensure flawless campaign setup and digital activation.
- Prepare and present evaluations of media opportunities, media trends and issues of interest to clients.
- Remain up to date with latest updates from major media partners (e.g. Google, Facebook).
- Thorough understanding of the digital planning and buying process in order to effectively anticipate and manage client expectations (e.g. accurate tagging, timely creative, etc.).
- Create strong, collaborative relationships with the specialty business units (SBUs).
- Negotiate media campaigns with sales representatives and explore promotional or value-added opportunities, where applicable.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships and respectful partner relationships by demonstrating your ability to be responsible, reliable, and resourceful.
- Initiate and coordinate the media buying process that delivers exceptional results.
- Proactively advise the digital team of any variations to execution of media plans.
- In partnership with the media planning team address market concerns, timing, and brand attribution.
- Assist with the evaluation or cost value analysis of sponsorships and integrations, and make recommendations where appropriate.
- Partner with ad operations team to ensure invoice clearing and budget management.
- Responsible for accurate and timely client finance reports and budget control reports (BCRs).
- Conduct third party audits as required.
- Ensure client budgets are managed and on track.
- Source and evaluate proposals from media partners as required.
- Assist with document creation: presentations, visual summaries, schedules and reports.
- Prepare media POVs/evaluations.
You’d be a perfect fit if you already have a:
- Post-secondary education – University graduate and/or advertising/marketing College degree preferred.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in media planning.
- Previous experience working within an advertising agency an asset.
- Strong understanding of trafficking and website tagging processes.
- Proficiency with media research tools (e.g. Clear Decisions, Vividata, Neilson), and media tools (e.g. Prisma).
- Passion for data, emerging media and technology.
- Strong learning agility, with a passion for continuous development.
- Client service oriented.
- Proactive approach to problem solving, assisting the team, self-development, etc.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Highly developed organizational skills with a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently.
- Ability to develop and foster relationships with media partners.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
What’s in it for you?
- Fresh fruit and beverages daily, and beer and wine Fridays? Check.
- Access to the latest industry platforms and training programs? Check.
- A chance to drive business results for top-tier Canadian brands? Check.
- An epic yearly trip to summer camp in Ontario? Check.
- An annual rocking holiday party in the foothills of Quebec? Check.
- An agency that truly believes in giving back to the community? Check.
- And of course, compensation based on experience, parental leave, health insurance, RRSP saving options, summer hours, vacation + extra-long weekends + a week off during the holiday season.
If you are interested in the position, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Be sure to include “Digital Media Coordinator –Toronto” in the email subject.
Media Experts is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage applications from all interested parties. Accommodations are available, upon request, for those with a disability or medical need during any stage of the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their interest in Media Experts, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.