Medi-Weightloss(r) was developed by physicians, registered dietitians, and health professionals in the area of weight loss to help you control your calorie and carbohydrate intake while eating the optimum amount of protein to preserve muscle mass. The Medi-Weightloss(r) Program is evidence-based to result in a successful lifestyle change. When administering the treatment, Medi-Weightloss(r) healthcare providers take each patient's unique health profile into account, which is what makes us The One that Works!
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for supervising and managing the accounting department and all areas of financial reporting. We are looking for someone to develop and maintain accounting principles, best practices, and systems for collecting, analyzing and reporting information. Must have a strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). The accounting manager will advise on budgets, financial strategy, financial reporting, and forecasting. He or she will also be responsible for managing 3rd party vendors (payroll, etc), helping audit and ledger preparation, and supporting managers across teams with financial procedures.
- Evaluate current financial and operating systems, recommend improvements, ensure compliance with appropriate federal, state, and professional rules and regulations, and assure appropriate written policies and procedures.
- Maintains general ledger accuracy, responsible for monthly and year-end closing activities and ensures audit adjustments are minimized.
- Maintains and utilizes specialized knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Prepares annual budgets according to annually established calendar by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Monitors and reports benchmarks against the performance measure of company operations, advising management on needed actions.
- Oversee the activities of the accounting department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements, annual audits, annual budgets and tax filings.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting internal audits; providing information to external auditors.
- Preparation of the annual Financial Report as well as other reports for outside organizations when needed.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential, ensuring compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Performs monthly drawdowns, tightly manage cash flow to maximize cash investments, manage banking relationships.
- Responsible for all accounts payable and receivable.
- Responsible for the filing of quarterly and annual financial-related reports.
- Develops and maintains the funding records to track the expenditures for all programs, to ensure compliance with the sponsored regulations.
- Complies and assures ACPS compliance with federal, state, and local government laws and regulations.
- Participate and attend staff/department meetings and staff training.
- 3 or more years' experience as an Accounting Manager, Accounting Supervisor or Finance Manager
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office and QuickBooks
- Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to direct and supervise
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance
- Knowledge of Healthcare Preferred
* Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance