Reporting to the Regional Vice President of Sales, this position achieves maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration within an assigned territory and/or market segment by effectively selling the company’s products and/or related services. Personally, contact and secure new business accounts/customers. Promotes, sells, and secures orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based approach. Demonstrates products and services to existing/potential customers and assists them in selecting those best suited to their needs.
- Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current customers and prospective
customers in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business for the company’s
- Makes telephone calls and in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers
and records all activities in the corporate CRM system.
- Researches sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their
- Develops clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers.
- Expedites the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
- Coordinates sales effort with sales management and technical service departments.
- Analyzes the territory/market’s potential and determines the value of existing and prospective
customer’s value to the organization.
- Creates and manages a customer value plan for existing customers highlighting profile, share and
- Identifies advantages and compares organization’s products/services.
- Plans and organizes personal sales strategy by maximizing the Return on Time Investment for the
- Supplies management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests,
competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Keeps abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities,
advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with
marketing and technical service areas.
- Participates in trade shows and conventions.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality and adheres to all HIPAA guidelines and regulations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to relate and communicate with all levels of management.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism and integrity.
- Possess strong and effective customer service skills.
- Display excellent judgement at all time.
- Consistent attention to detail and follow-up.
- Must be a team player, be flexible, and be a good listener with a high level of patience.
- Ability to manage sensitive, confidential issues.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize workload.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Two plus years of experience and proven success in sales, client relations and account
- One-year driving sales in the medical industry.
- Strong knowledge and proven track record of meeting sales goals, closing skills, negotiation,
product knowledge, presentation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel)
80% travel is expected for this position.