Company Name: Medela LLC
Job Title: Medical Device, Post-Acute, Key Account Manager
Location: Mid-South (MI, IL, MO, WI, KS, MN, NE)
Are you seeking a new career opportunity with an internationally recognized organization where your skills and experience in Medical Device Sales in Post-Acute Care can make a difference? Where you can contribute to projects that impact lives across the continuum of Post-Acute Care? Where you work with a team of passionate individuals working towards the same goal?
If this is what you re looking for, have experience in medical device sales in the Post-Acute Care setting ...we want to hear from you. We are adding a Medical Device, Key Account Manager, Post-Acute Care sales professional to our team.
The Medical Device, Key Account Manager, Post-Acute Care, sales professional position is in our Medela Healthcare U.S. division.
Founded in 1961 by Olle Larsson in Zug, Switzerland, Medela continues to grow under the ownership of the Larsson family. Medela exists to advance human health and wellbeing through knowledge-based and innovative human milk and medical vacuum solutions. In Medela we have two business segments, Human Milk and Healthcare. The common denominator for the two segments is the medical vacuum. We have developed and progressed our core competencies over the past 50 years and turned them into high quality and innovative products, in both segments.
About Medela Breastfeeding U.S.
For more than 50 years, Medela, supports moms every step of the way – through their pregnancy, in the hospital and at home so they can give the best to their baby, every day. As the #1 breast pump brand*, Medela is committed to improving mom s breast milk feeding experience and her ability to successfully provide breast milk to her baby for as long as she chooses. Every year, more than one million mothers in the U.S. rely on Medela's technology. For more than 30 years, Medela has focused on providing the best in research-based breast milk feeding products and clinical education to support moms' breast milk feeding journey.
About Medela Healthcare U.S.
As a global manufacturer of medical vacuum solutions, Medela Healthcare is driven by a passion to understand and resolve challenges facing the healthcare industry. This enables us to improve the lives of patients, doctors, and hospital staff through constant innovation. Medela Healthcare solutions include innovations in Negative Pressure Wound Therapy (NPWT), Cardiothoracic Drainage, Surgical Suction, and Airway Suction.
Medela's US-based manufacturing and development facility is headquartered in McHenry, Illinois with an additional facility in Elgin, Illinois. www.medela.com
Medela Healthcare U.S. is seeking a Medical Device, Key Account Manager, Post-Acute Care for the (MI, IL, MO, WI, KS, MN, NE) territory.
What We Offer to our Medical Device, Key Account Manager, Post-Acute Candidate:
- Excellent salary and bonus potential
- Comprehensive benefit plan, which is affordable to our employees
- 401K and pension plan
- Generous PTO package, including paid holidays
- Opportunities to learn, grow and advance within the company
Ideal Medical Device, Key Account Manager, Post-Acute Candidate:
- Experience selling and managing sales professionals and clinicians in the Negative Pressure Wound Therapy (NPWT) market
- Experience working with medical customers in the acute and post-acute care space across numerous call points, including Durable Medical Equipment (DME) owners.
- An experienced road warrior; travel is up to 70% of the time, including occasional international travel
- Experience working in an environment with global objectives
Education and Critical Skills/Experience for the Medical Device, Key Account Manager, Post-Acute Candidate:
- Bachelor s degree (B.S./B.A.) from four-year college or university; minimum five years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities
- Experience working in an environment with global objectives preferred
- Experienced road warrior; travel up to 70% of the time with occasional international travel possible
Essential Job Functions for the Medical Device, Key Account Manager, Post-Acute position:
- Field sales coverage in a specified geographical area selling Medela Healthcare products (Negative Pressure Wound Therapy) to a variety of clinical, business partner and medical customers across numerous call points while maintaining key B2B relationships within a specified area
- Work in coordination with acute care representatives to ensure transition of patient from acute care to post-acute care is achieved
- Utilize professional selling skills to solicit sales of company products
- Seek new customers, either known target accounts or new business found by prospecting, including but not limited to; clinicians, key accounts, DME suppliers, payers in conjunction with partners, , independent Wound Care Centers and other call points as directed by your manager. Support and grow existing account base
- Strive on a continuing basis to achieve, maintain and expand contacts within customer organizations
- Make contacts at all levels and with all groups, which might influence current and future buying decisions
- Maintain the highest degree of product knowledge through continuing study, including characteristics, quality, engineering, competitive advantages, customer applications, features, benefits and proof sources
- Expand skills in selling, adapting to selling situations, negotiating complex deals, and broadening team dynamics
- Follow sound time and territory management techniques
- On a quarterly basis or as instructed, define customers to be visited and maintain call frequency standards
- Plan account travel and call strategies
- Preplan sales calls; review background information, set call objectives and define selling strategies
- Submit regular objectives, action plans and sales projections
- Utilize CRM/Salesforce tools, maintain integrity of information
- Servicing and follow-up:
- Provide field sales service and training to all accounts in assigned territory
- Service includes solving problems, assisting customers and ensuring their satisfaction with our products, including technical advice on the use of products, delivery considerations, quality control, invoicing, etc.
- Provide these services personally where feasible or initiate and coordinate action through appropriate company support personnel
- Follow up to make sure customer requests/problems are satisfactorily resolved
- Promptly report any product or service complaint through quality system
- Communications and reporting:
- Submit required reports promptly and legibly
- Complete and submit expense reports per company guidelines
- Communicate with Regional Manager or Sr. Director of Sales as needed
- Develop customer communications such as presentations, bids, quotes as needed
- Field Surveillance:
- Serve as the eyes and ears of the company within assigned territory by observing, appraising and reporting on competitive activities, price developments, customer plans, product trends, new product potentials, market trends and related matters
- Complies with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations
- Follows all Company rules and regulations, including health and safety rules
- Successfully interacts with employees at all levels
- Regular, reliable performance of all job duties
- Travel as may be required to meet business and customer expectations
- Performs all other duties as assigned or as may be required from time to time
We Make It Easy: You can apply in less than two minutes. No passwords or accounts to register or sign up!
Our organization participates in e-Verify
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, protected veteran status, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDs status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity (transgender status), weight, height or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance.