Vice President of Commercial Development
Location: Glendale Heights, IL
Reports to: Chief Strategy Officer
Position Summary: VP of Commercial Development will be accountable for the New Opportunities process which identifies potential new opportunities for the pipeline and recommend which should proceed towards governance decisions. Key in this process is to evaluate options in the strategic context of the company's total portfolio and against the goals of our long-terms strategy and provide appropriate recommendations. The VP of Commercial Development will be accountable for ensuring that the process efficiently meets business needs while also matching the level of rigor in evaluating new opportunities with their maturity. VP of Commercial Development will also make sure that New Opportunities are evaluated against commitments made at LRP and prioritized to ensure resources are provided for the most critical opportunities. VP of Commercial Development will propose and work to implement improvements in the process from year to year.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Take ownership of establishing Medefil pipeline recommending products for development
- Laying out the short and long term pipeline strategy and link it with long term organization growth of Medefil
- Manage cross functional/organizational relationships required to execute portfolio management process.
- Implement and lead approval process of new projects for development
- Lead the portfolio prioritization.
- Commercialization plan and pricing strategy for new products launch.
- Develop and manage annual budget for the group and facilitate long range plans
- Take ownership of pipeline valuation and business case of overall portfolio
- Establish deep collaborative relationships with key client stakeholders in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology sectors.
- Generate and qualify leads, and identify customer and product segments for Company's analytics tools.
- Leverage insight into current and future market dynamics in healthcare to create new opportunities for the company and its products.
- Accurately forecast sales plans and consistently meet and exceed quota.
- Identify new revenue-generating opportunities through market awareness, competitive analysis, and leveraging company's existing and planned products.
- Successfully lead and manage internal account management and customer support teams creating an environment that nurtures and supports industry excellence. Also coordinate with data science and project management departments.
- Responsible for some business planning and budgeting.
- Travel regularly to meet key client stakeholders to maintain and expand existing services.
- Serve as the company's representative at industry conferences and marketing and networking events.
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA a plus
- 15+ years of experience in commercial development role in the pharmaceutical and/injectable industry
- Experience selling large-scale, analytics solutions into the commercial arms of pharmaceutical and biotech companies in the U.S, preferred
- Results-oriented with demonstrated ability to leverage internal resources, solve problems, and exercise good judgment and flexibility
- Possess a mix of analytical and creative skills to find innovative solutions for clients while providing best in class service
- Ability to effectively collaborate with various business units across the Company
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 10 years (Required)
- Commercial Development: 10 years (Preferred)
- Glendale Heights, IL 60139 (Required)