Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to operations management, the automation engineer will be responsible for the maintenance, troubleshooting, program and / or interface upgrade of the facilities and production equipment. The automation engineer will be responsible for the following (but not limited to):
* Diagnose, execute, and resolve electrical, electronics, PLC, HMI and computer related problems with the facilities equipment and the manufacturing equipment according to established SOP and change control procedures.
* Upgrade PLC and HMI equipment to keep current with technology design or replace obsolete systems.
* Implement new PLC, HMI programming logic for enhanced operation and report format.
* Support validation of new equipment to ensure PC or PLC automation complies with GAMP 4/5 requirements.
* Support, as necessary, filling and packaging equipment functionality. Maintain the facility support equipment to ensure uninterrupted manufacturing.
* Ability to read electrical, mechanical drawings and ladder logic for troubleshooting.
* Ability to modify ladder logic and computer programs for enhanced equipment operation or upgrade.
* Performs investigations relating to manufacturing deviations and anomalies associated with automation systems and control system software.
* Support, as necessary, engineering and validation projects as well as provide support to manufacturing activities with process controls and process monitoring equipment software design, commissioning, and testing to meet user requirements.
* Interact with vendors, suppliers and contractors for timely and best price delivery of parts and services.
* Undertake equipment reliability reviews. Make recommendation for improvement in equipment efficiency.
The Ideal Candidate Will
* Allen Bradley and Siemens PLC and computer function, programming languages and programming
* Report software programming, integration such as Wonderware.
* Working knowledge of GAMP 5 regulations
* Highly motivated self-starter, dependable independent worker.
* Strong knowledge of PLC, controls operation.
* Good verbal and written communication skills.
* Be able to work effectively within a team environment, be a dependable independent worker.
* Be able to follow detailed verbal and written instructions.
* Be proficient in MS Office applications.
Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in automation engineering or electronics and / or 5 to 7 years of direct automation engineering experience in a product manufacturing facility.
Job Type: Full-time