Established 30 years ago, Medcan is a global leader in assessing clients' overall well-being and inspiring them to live well. Medcan has a comprehensive range of diagnostic assessments, which, in combination with innovative programs tailored to specific needs, are designed to successfully reach improved health outcomes. Over 75 physicians and specialists, alongside a broad roster of complementary health care disciplines, provide health and lifestyle management services on site and by video consult for individuals, families and organizations. Our team of 500 staff sees clients physically and virtually from our downtown Toronto location.
Medcan is recruiting for an Account Manager on our high performing enterprise business development and account management team. The Account Manager role is an integral part of Medcan's Business development and Account Management Team. Below is an outline of the key functions as it pertains to each strategic pillar of the business.
Grow the Business
- Prepare client-facing presentations and discussion documents to conduct regular business and account reviews with clients and collaborate on joint process improvements where valued with the ability to command the meeting and audience.
- Proactively communicate the value proposition of our services in ways that resonate and are meaningful to our customers
- Cross-sell and up-sell existing corporate clients with all services of Medcan, e.g. through program expansion within other tiers of the account and to introduce Medcan services and product suite.
- Lead and manage growth opportunities and/or RFPs across various business units to design and execute win strategies
- Achieve and track weekly, monthly and quarterly goals, forecast and plans
- Work with the Vice President-Business development to develop customer specific sales targets and plans and report on progress;
- Work with Marketing and Product Teams to create new opportunities for selected clients
- Collaborate and work with cross-functional teams to provide business value to corporate clients
Build and Maintain Consultative Relationships
- Prepare and deliver annual account renewals including pricing changes, usage reports and eligibility updating
- Establish and nurture personalized business relationships with existing customers to identify customer wellness needs and present solutions from the company's product portfolio to meet those needs
- Expand existing relationships across the clients' business to enable a broader view of clients' business priorities
- Work collaboratively with other departments to quickly and effectively address client issues and respond to client needs
- Conduct regular research to understand client business strategies and needs
Share insight across Our Business
- Share best practices with team members across the department and organization
- Proactively communicate market insights within Medcan to share feedback regarding market trends, competitive activity, customer needs and experience
- Network in the business community and/or attend shows, events for prospecting & leveraging market awareness for Medcan
- A minimum of four years of successful B2B and enterprise sales experience in benefits, wellness and/or healthcare environment.
- Customer focus with proven ability to position and present solution designs aligned to company needs through a strategic, consultative approach to sales
- Demonstration of excellent relationship management skills and ability to sell to multiple stakeholder/buyer profiles particularly in the HR Office and C-Suite.
- Energetic, positive and goal-oriented attributes with high motivation and sense of urgency
- Exceptionally strong organization and time management skills with ability to execute with focus and flexibility
- Autonomous and independent approach to planning and meeting targets
- Highly polished client presence who thrives in a hands-on team environment
- Bachelor's Degree in business or science is preferred
- Excellent command of English - verbal and written, French is considered an asset, but not a requirement
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook)
- Experience with Salesforce.com
- Exhibits a mature communication style with internal and external clients
- Demonstrates sound judgment, integrity, flexibility and adaptability to change.
The role reports to the VP, Business Development and is part of a team of 9. This is full-time role that is scheduled during business hours Monday through Friday.
The position offers an attractive total compensation package including a base salary, performance incentives, a comprehensive benefits plan and a genuine opportunity to grow at one of Canada's Best Managed Companies. The position also offers outstanding health and wellness benefits through Medcan's Live Well program.
We can offer you a great working environment and an opportunity to let your excellence shine. In your cover letter please include why you wish to align yourself with Medcan and how you believe you can add value to our organization.
Qualified applicants are invited to forward their resume to hr@ medcan.com. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls and no agencies please.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent