About Us :
Established over 30 years ago, Medcan is a global leader in assessing clients' overall well-being and inspiring them to live well. Medcan has a comprehensive range of diagnostic assessments, which, in combination with innovative programs tailored to specific needs, are designed to successfully reach improved health outcomes.
Over 80 physicians and specialists, alongside a broad roster of complementary health care disciplines, provide health and lifestyle management services on site and by video consult for individuals, families and organizations. Our team of 550 staff see clients physically and virtually from our downtown Toronto location.
Medcan is recruiting for a Chief Talent Officer. This role will be instrumental in growing the business and the Talent function, championing the company’s values and ensuring a strong corporate culture. Reporting to the President, the role has responsibility for all Talent functions. The role will lead the implementation of a people strategy and people programs for Medcan in line with its mission and vision. The individual in this role will establish programs to ensure effective talent acquisition and retention, support the development of capabilities and create an environment that fosters an engaged workforce in a high-performance culture. The individual will also be responsible for managing the ongoing projects such as HCM implementation, benefits redesign and compensation integration.
The ideal candidate is expected to have a broad scope of Talent experience and the ability to develop and implement strategic change. This role will work closely with the management team and board on alignment of business strategy to human capital strategy, and ensure this alignment extends to all aspects of talent management. This role will maintain an effective level of business knowledge and be savvy about the business’ financial position, its growth plans and its competition.
- Build the credibility of the Talent function by providing valued input on business issues facing the organization, particularly those that impact the corporate culture, employee engagement and retention
- In collaboration with the senior team, help to evolve the organization to support Medcan’s continued growth
- Maintain a high level of communication with all levels of the organization and contribute to the decision-making process of structuring the organization for success
- Identify organizational Talent needs and recommend and implement strategies to attract and retain talented employees.
- Develop and administer compensation plans and programs that align with fiscal objectives and ensure internal equity and industry competitive position.
- Direct and manage benefit plan design effort, annual policy review and renewal process. Evaluate proposals and recommend modifications to coverage and programs to maximize benefit offering and cost effectiveness. Function as principle liaison with brokers, benefit providers and third-party administrators.
- Communicate updates on people initiatives across the company as well as monitor and report key HR metrics and KPIs
- Assess organizational training and development needs. Plan and direct the implementation of training programs to further agency wide interests and competencies including corporate training initiatives.
- Remain current with trends and developments within the field of HR and Employee Legislation. Communicate pending and/or promulgated legislative changes and make effective recommendations to senior management.
- Attend and participate in Leadership Team meetings; attend and contribute to Board of Director; serve on Committees as-needed
- Minimum of 8-10 years related professional experience within the Human Resource field, including a minimum of 5 years of experience functioning within a leadership role.
- University degree with a business discipline, or equivalent
- Experience with creating a culture of engagement, collaboration and teamwork
- Demonstrated experience in leading the development of strategic HR programs in compensation, benefits, talent development and succession planning
- Experienced and comfortable advising and coaching senior executives within an organization, and contributing to influencing strategy at the leadership level
- Good understanding of applicable employment and human rights legislation and an ability to find answers to technical HR questions in these areas
- Ability to establish credibility quickly and build trust with all stakeholders
- Demonstrated conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent and proven interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Must possess tact, diplomacy and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent customer service focus and a true team player
- Experience as a strategic Talent leader inside a fast-paced high growth environment
- Ability to design and deliver leadership training, e.g., on topics of feedback, coaching, career development and succession planning
This is full-time role.
The position offers an attractive total compensation package including a base salary, performance incentives, a comprehensive benefits plan and a genuine opportunity to grow at one of Canada's Best Managed Companies. The position also offers outstanding health and wellness benefits through Medcan's Live Well program.
In your cover letter please include why you wish to align yourself with Medcan and how you believe you can add value to our organization.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an initial interview will be contacted. No phone calls and no agencies please.