For over 75 years, Medavie Blue Cross has been a leading health and wellness partner for individuals, employers and governments across Canada. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organization dedicated to giving back to the communities where we live and work, and to ensuring our employees thrive in our award-winning, collaborative culture. We are one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and are recognized as a Caring Company, a designation for national leaders in community investment and social responsibility.
Our team of 2,100 professionals work across six provinces. We excel by living our shared values of being caring, accountable, responsible, innovative and community-minded. We’re committed to ensuring the health and wellness of our employees and their families, along with personal and professional growth, through a variety of programs and support at all levels of our organization.
Along with Medavie Health Services, we are part of Medavie — a national health organization with over 6,400 employees. Together, our mission is to improve the wellbeing of Canadians.
Full Time, Term (12 Months)
Moncton or Dartmouth
In this position you will be responsible for the administration of existing policies as well as perform tasks associated with enrolment data and on-going maintenance of existing eligibility files for our group block of business. It is imperative that the policy administrator exhibit exceptional organizational skills and a high attention to detail. This role will be accountable for communicating with internal and external clientele by telephone and/or in writing in a knowledgeable and professional manner, supporting the Group Administrators on navigating through the Portal, and completing various bill functions such as initiating and validating the bill.
- Analyse problems using business experience, knowledge and creativity to solve complex issues;
- Troubleshoot and independently respond to all inquiries relating to Administration from internal process partners and group administrators;
- Interpret policies and procedures in order to resolve Group Administrator Portal challenges;
- Administrate HSA credits/allocations at both the group and subscriber level
- Act as a subject matter expert as required by Client Solutions & Administration to support daily decisions and to provide recommendations for operational efficiencies;
- Organize work and information in a well thought out manner to deliver on specific tasks to meet deadlines. Exhibits high levels of energy and perseverance on the pursuit of established goals
- Quality at source is an expectation in this role
Education: University or college degree with a focus in Business or equivalent.
Work Experience: Minimum of three years related business or experience in Health, Dental, and Life Insurance would be considered an asset.
Other Qualifications: Superior time management skills, ability to work in a fast-paced, intense environment smoothly, exceptional analytical skills, can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal, motivated to learn new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge. Can effectively cope with change, can shift gears comfortably. Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team.
Computer Skills: High level working knowledge of system operating procedures and software applications such as Microsoft Office, Oracle Developer, and the ability to learn new technology in a timely manner.
Language Skills: Bilingualism in English and French is considered an asset for this position.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Medavie Blue Cross is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Segment: Claims, Database, Oracle, Technology, Insurance