Medavie is a national health solutions partner. Together, with our more than 6,400 employees, we are committed to improving the wellbeing of Canadians.
As a not-for-profit organization, Medavie oversees Medavie Blue Cross, a premier all-in-one benefits carrier and public health program administrator, and Medavie Health Services, a national primary health care solutions organization and the largest private provider of EMS management services in Canada.
We don’t have shareholders. Instead, we are proud to invest in the Medavie Health Foundation to address some of our country’s most pressing physical and mental health care challenges.
Director, Corporate Security
Full Time, Permanent
Moncton or Dartmouth
Competitive Compensation and Benefits
May 20, 2019
The Director of Corporate Security is the company’s Chief Information Security Officer and will establish and maintain the enterprise’s security vision, strategy, and program to ensure information assets and technologies are adequately protected across the company.
- Lead security operational risk management activities to enhance the value of the company and brand.
- Oversee a network of security staff and vendors who safeguard the company's assets, intellectual property and computer systems, as well as the physical safety of employees and visitors.
- Identify protection goals, objectives, plans and metrics consistent with corporate strategic plan.
- Manage the development and implementation of global security policy, standards, guidelines and procedures to ensure ongoing maintenance of security. Physical protection responsibilities will include asset protection, workplace violence prevention and access control systems. Information protection responsibilities will include network security architecture, network access and monitoring policies, employee education and awareness.
- Partner and collaborate with business stakeholders across the company to raise awareness of risk management and cyber security concerns and IT security threats.
- Work with management to prioritize security initiatives and spending based on appropriate risk management and financial methodology.
- Maintain relationships with security officers of other insurance and government agencies.
- Oversee business continuity and incident response planning as well as the investigation of security breaches, and assist with disciplinary and legal matters associated with such breaches as necessary.
- Work with outside consultants as appropriate for independent security audits.
- Report to the Senior Management Team and the Board of Directors as required.
- Appropriate security management training and certification (i.e. CISSP, CISM, CISA or equivalent).
- 7 years of proven IT security experience coupled with a passion for technology and security safeguarding with a desire to deliver results.
- 7 years experience with business continuity planning, auditing, privacy and risk management.
- Skilled in contract and vendor negotiation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work with all levels within an organization to communicate security-related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff.
- Innovative thinking with an ability to lead and motivate cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams.
- Thrives on change, showing an impressive ability to drive the security strategy forward.
- Bilingualism is considered an asset.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Medavie Blue Cross is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Segment: Corporate Security, Manager, Risk Management, Counseling, Security, Management, Finance, Healthcare