For over 75 years, Medavie Blue Cross has been a leading health and wellness partner for individuals, employers and governments across Canada. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organization dedicated to giving back to the communities where we live and work, and to ensuring our employees thrive in our award-winning, collaborative culture. We are one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and are recognized as a Caring Company, a designation for national leaders in community investment and social responsibility.
Our team of 2,100 professionals work across six provinces. We excel by living our shared values of being caring, accountable, responsible, innovative and community-minded. We’re committed to ensuring the health and wellness of our employees and their families, along with personal and professional growth, through a variety of programs and support at all levels of our organization.
Along with Medavie Health Services, we are part of Medavie — a national health organization with over 6,400 employees. Together, our mission is to improve the wellbeing of Canadians.
Director, Brokerage Sales
Business Development, Ontario
Competitive Compensation and Benefits
Regional Vice President, Business Development
We are seeking an experienced, action oriented and dynamic leader, as the Director, Brokerage Sales, who will be responsible for the overall direction of the Ontario Brokerage Team. As the successful candidate, you will lead, develop, and motivate a team of Account Executive to collaboratively achieve competitive targets. You are a natural leader with the ability to develop strong relationships across the organization. You will manage meaningful relationship with the brokerage community to ensure their overall satisfaction with Medavie Blue Cross.
- Lead the effective and efficient operation and performance of the Brokerage Account Executive team to execute the organization’s sales strategies;
- Own and implement our sales strategy, create a culture of process improvement;
- Provide leadership, mentorship, and coaching to new and existing staff to help them reach their full potential and meet and/or exceed service objectives and targets;
- Establish, develop and maintain meaningful business relationships with group benefit advisors and our top brokers.
- Work collaboratively to coordinate sales efforts with service and underwriting teams.
- Work with key stakeholders to determine service needs and the three to five year roadmap to meet the current and future requirements.
- Assist in the long-term strategic planning and annual budgeting activities for the department;
- Monitor performance management of all staff which includes conducting annual performance evaluations, coaching, knowledge and skills development.
- Manage and support cross departmental projects, focusing on process management, increased efficiency and effectiveness that contribute to departmental, divisional and corporate goals.
- Communicate with other departments, group offices, third party providers and our clients on an ongoing basis to support and resolve escalated issues.
As the ideal candidate, you possess the following qualifications:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field.
Work Experience: Ten years leadership and sales experience in a group insurance environment.
- Strong meaningful relationship with a host of advisors within the Ontario market.
- Experience with effective management of a sales process.
- Ability to manage client expectations with innovative solutions.
- Detailed knowledge of our market and our competitive positioning in servicing needs.
- Strong presentation and verbal skills
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to build and motivate teams.
- Relevant technical knowledge and experience
- Current life license would be an asset
Computer Skills: Competency with MS Office suite.
Language Skills: Bilingual ability in written and spoken French and English is an asset
Travel: Able and available to travel, as required
You also demonstrate the following core leadership accountabilities:
Values and Ethics: Builds and promotes a respectful work environment with employees fostering a climate of transparency, trust and respect. Supports opportunities for learning and growth and encourages staff to live the corporate values.
Action Management: A sense of urgency, customer advocacy and drive for results. Can impact people and results remotely; can design practices, processes, and procedures that allow managing from a distance and is comfortable letting things manage themselves without intervening.
People Management: Strong people management abilities, skill in mentoring and coaching staff in a highly demanding, fast paced environment. Seen as a team player and is cooperative. Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration and can be candid with peers.
Engagement: Builds constructive and effective relationships inside and outside the organization, relates well to all kinds of people and is capable of using diplomacy and tact to comfortably diffuse high-tension situations.
Strategic Thinking: A self-starter with critical thinking, analytical approach, business acumen and decision making. Can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective and can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
Financial Management: Creates budgets with input from managers and can implement strategies to achieve operating efficiencies and value.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Medavie Blue Cross will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Medavie Blue Cross Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Medavie Blue Cross is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Segment: Underwriter, Sales Management, Manager, Developer, Insurance, Sales, Management, Technology