For over 75 years, Medavie Blue Cross has been a leading health and wellness partner for individuals, employers and governments across Canada. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organization dedicated to giving back to the communities where we live and work, and to ensuring our employees thrive in our award-winning, collaborative culture. We are one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and are recognized as a Caring Company, a designation for national leaders in community investment and social responsibility.
Our team of 2,100 professionals work across six provinces. We excel by living our shared values of being caring, accountable, responsible, innovative and community-minded. We’re committed to ensuring the health and wellness of our employees and their families, along with personal and professional growth, through a variety of programs and support at all levels of our organization.
Along with Medavie Health Services, we are part of Medavie — a national health organization with over 6,400 employees. Together, our mission is to improve the wellbeing of Canadians.
Account Executive-Optional Benefits
Sales and Business Development
Internal and external
Full Time, Permanent
Regional Vice President
march 15, 2020
Reporting to the Regional Vice President, Business Development, the successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the sales functions related to the selling of Optional Benefits through our clients group and broker/advisor channels. You are a high-energy self-starter, dynamic, passionate and not afraid to challenge the status quo. You will be the go-to expert on all things related to optional benefits and you’re always keeping up-to-date on the latest industry trends.
The Account Executive – Optional Benefits will work with Plan Sponsors with a mandate of adding optional benefit products such as optional critical illness insurance and optional life & AD&D insurances to supplement their current group benefit package. Unlike traditional group benefits, these optional benefits will be marketed and transacted directly with group members, through the establishment of an online purchasing experience.
The key to our success to date is rooted in our team’s ability to build, foster and maintain long standing and effective relationships with corporate group clients. We are looking for an individual who can bring our Optional Benefits strategy to life through managing projects, developing end to end targeted sales campaigns that produces a high rate of conversion, working with Corporate Account Executives to facilitate open enrolment periods at various new and existing group clients and working closely with internal administration to ensure proper transaction flows in this high transaction environment. Acting as the client key point of contact the Account Executive – Optional Benefits will also manage coordinating welcome materials and address all inquiries post implementation. This individual will also work with the broker and advisor channel to establish and facilitate sales campaigns of Optional Benefits through broker sales efforts.
A demonstrated ability of relationship management in a fast-paced sales environment will be a key factor in the selection of the successful candidate. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with a number of internal partners including Marketing, Group Product Management, Reporting, and IT to achieve annual sales goals.
- Develop & Execute the organization’s Sales growth for the Optional Benefits suite of products;
- Sell Medavie Blue Cross products and services to potential and existing clients while ensuring margin expectations are met;
- Establish analytics and share campaign post campaign results with plan sponsors and other internal stakeholders for premium reconciliation and billing purposes;
- Develop in partnership with marketing and group product management welcome materials and facilitate on site education sessions during open enrolment;
- Foster and develop healthy relationships with our Consultant/Advisor network through building trust and credibility as a business partner;
- Work with Consultant/Advisors, Plan Sponsors and Internal Operations to provide exceptional service that meets or exceeds client expectations;
- Manage an assigned block of business effectively, attuned to market trends, changing needs and resulting implications for group insurance clients; and
- Assess and anticipate your clients needs by having an acute understanding of their organization and analysis of their program(s), products, services and geographic locations
Education: Completed a post secondary education in marketing or a related, relevant field of study.
Work Experience: Possess a minimum of five years of experience in group insurance (sales, Underwriting, Consulting or Operations)
Computer Skills: Are proficient in Microsoft Office including Power Point and Excel and high technical aptitude.
Language: Bilingualism is considered an asset.
- Have ability to build meaningful relationships with clients, consultants and internal partners;
- Demonstrate strong business acumen with the ability to balance and manage client and organizational needs;
- Understanding of group insurance concepts and trends;
- Customer centric with ability to be attentive and responsive to changing needs;
- Experience working with large, complex clients with various stakeholders;
- Are a high-energy, self-motivated individual with strong organizational and time management skills;
- Superior verbal, written and presentation skills with the ability to advise and negotiate complex matters;
- Current Life, Accident or Sickness Insurance license or commitment to secure within six months from date of hire; and
- A valid driver’s license, regular travel within an assigned territory will be required
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Medavie Blue Cross is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Segment: Underwriter, Consulting, Business Development, Account Executive, Insurance, Technology, Sales