For over 75 years, Medavie Blue Cross has been a leading health and wellness partner for individuals, employers and governments across Canada. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organization dedicated to giving back to the communities where we live and work, and to ensuring our employees thrive in our award-winning, collaborative culture. We are one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and are recognized as a Caring Company, a designation for national leaders in community investment and social responsibility.
Our team of 2,100 professionals work across six provinces. We excel by living our shared values of being caring, accountable, responsible, innovative and community-minded. We’re committed to ensuring the health and wellness of our employees and their families, along with personal and professional growth, through a variety of programs and support at all levels of our organization.
Along with Medavie Health Services, we are part of Medavie — a national health organization with over 6,400 employees. Together, our mission is to improve the wellbeing of Canadians.
Job Title: Account Associate
Department: Business Development
Employment Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Location: Etobicoke, Ontario
Salary: Comprehensive Compensation
Reports To: Manager, Client Services
Closing Date: May 12, 2019
The ultimate service partner
What’s in it for you?
A fast track to understanding how our business operates. An Account Associate is the ultimate service partner, not just for our sales team but for our clients and EVERY SINGLE department in our company. You become the glue in our success.
This incredible opportunity, based out of our Etobicoke office, is a challenging long-term career path or a stepping stone to the sales world, that offers a comprehensive compensation package.
What makes us a different kind of employer? In this role, it’s the opportunity to have exposure to every single facet in our organization. We’re looking for an Account Associate who is interested in being a partner to deliver the outstanding service that Medavie Blue Cross is known for. We have an award-winning culture, leaders who really care, unmatched teamwork and support - all dedicated to ensuring you are set up for success.
Common goals and collaboration to deliver outstanding service is what our team is all about, we offer:
- A diverse team of colleagues with multiple fields of expertise
- A stimulating and flexible working environment
- Comprehensive health and dental plan that is 100% employer paid effective on your first day
- Emphasis on work life balance, providing wellness benefits, health resources and fitness center discounts
- An organization where we encourage personal learning and growth
- If getting involved in charitable causes is something you’re passionate about, we support and offer plenty of opportunities to give back
- As a not-for profit organization we are dedicated to our purpose, we are focused on health outcomes, not profit, both in our everyday work and we contribute the community.
Your every day with us:
Our brand recognition isn’t just about insurance; it’s about partnering with our clients to solve big and small problems. In this role you will have the opportunity to quote on new business adventures, participate in presentations to client groups and members, onboard new customers and support the retention strategies that have helped us to be one of the most recognized insurance brands in Canada.
What you need to succeed:
- You enjoy getting to know people and thrive on building relationships
- You actually like helping people – this is non-negotiable
- You are a good communicator – you are clear, concise and friendly. You know how to communicate to different audiences such as clients, members and internal stakeholders and in different media such as written, verbal and presentation format
- You have earned a post-secondary diploma or degree and/or relevant working experience in business or a related field
- You are a problem-solving master, you understand client needs and learn quickly how to get the best results in any environment
- You are a self-motivated, go-getter; you are detailed oriented person with an innovative mind. You like the little details with the big picture in mind
- Have a valid driver’s license and don’t mind occasional overnight travel
Did we get your attention?
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Medavie Blue Cross will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Medavie Blue Cross Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Medavie Blue Cross is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Segment: Developer, Business Development, Sales, Technology