The Territory Consultant position will assist with the selling, marketing and promotion of Medartis' technical high precision products. This Chicago based role will support and work closely with the local sales force to service and educate the clinical teams in our current customer base. This position will also need to demonstrate the ability to develop customer relationships with surgeons and hospital staff. In addition, learn human anatomy, surgical procedures and the Medartis product lines.
- Develops and implements strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate goals
- Reviews market analyzes to determine customer needs, price schedules, and suggests potential discount rates to supervisors.
- Analyzes sales territory statistics to formulate a business plan in promoting sales.
- Directs product simplification and standardization to eliminate unprofitable items from sales line
- Represents company at trade association meetings to promote product
- Delivers sales presentations to key clients
- Meets with key clients, maintains relationships, and negotiate/closes deals
- Coordinates liaison between sales internal support staff and customers
- Analyzes and controls expenditures of territory to conform to budgetary requirements
- Prepares quarterly sales reports showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Monitors and evaluates the activities and products of the competition, reporting interpretation to supervision
- Work with peers when called up to support case coverage and inventory requests
- Take initiative to identify new business opportunities
- Market and sell technical high-precision implants to hospitals and surgeons
- Documented, successful O.R. sales experience
- Proficient computer skills specifically with Microsoft Office
- Excellent presentation skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage complex surgical cases
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong work ethic with excellent territory management skills and convincing personality to motivate target customers
- Honesty, Integrity, discipline, and focus
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented, clean-thinking
- Experience with the orthopaedic space, preferable trauma
- Strong desire to excel in a commission-driven sales position
- Identify product improvement opportunities for sales, marketing and product development teams.
- Maintain high level of technical, product and disease state knowledge.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 /year
- Operating Room: 2 years (Preferred)
- Orthopaedic: 2 years (Preferred)
- Medical Device: 4 years (Preferred)