Public Safety Communications Officer
Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
Are you passionate about serving your community and looking for a fast-paced and rewarding career?
MEDACOM Atlantic, a subsidiary of Medavie Health Services, operates as Prince Edward Island's Primary Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP), answering all 911 calls for the province. MEDACOM Atlantic also provides emergency and non-emergency dispatch service for Island EMS (ground ambulance) and 32 volunteer fire departments. MEDACOM Atlantic operates on a long-term performance based contract with the Government of PEI.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, as a Public Safety Communications Officer, your primary responsibilities will be:
* Answering and handling 911 calls, as per Standard Operating Procedures (including the provision of Emergency Medical Dispatch instructions for CPR, childbirth, choking, bleeding control and other medical situations, using the Medical Priority Dispatch System)
* Delivery of emergency service dispatching
* Monitoring system status in the provision of pre-hospital care
* Book and coordinate non-emergency ambulance transfers
* Maintain daily reporting
* Manage handoffs, off-load delays, out of province coordination, emergency department back logs and shift over-runs
* Receive and report on all internal and external service inquiries
* Build and maintain a strong relationship with Shift Captain and team through daily interaction
* Ensure delivery of high quality customer service for all customers/patients
A strong candidate is:
As an ideal candidate, you:
Successful candidates must be able to:
If you are interested in working with a dynamic team of professionals and possess the necessary qualifications and skills, please send your resume with cover letter. Please include the competition number 2019-01 in the file name, along with your first and last name.
Competition closes December 31st, 2019
No phone calls please. We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
MEDACOM Atlantic embraces diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills are encouraged to apply. We are committed to the principle of equal opportunity in our employment practices and encourage candidates to indicate voluntarily on their application if they are a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group. MEDACOM Atlantic is committed to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Reference ID: 2019-01
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Salary: $19.43 /hour