Head of Product
Our partner is a global leader in the cannabis tech industry. With their unique technology platforms and extensive data, they deliver invaluable insights into the behaviour of their many partners and stakeholders to provide an unmatched online purchasing experience for over 1.5 million global users.
About the role
As the Head of Product you are a leader who will make a real impact on the evolution of the company strategy and culture. You will be at the management team table, exercising both your left brain and your right brain in a startup-paced environment: you'll be working with numbers and making creative decisions.
- Lead the overall team contributors (mainly engineering and data) through charismatic and visionary leadership.
- Develop the product vision and drive focus on high-level objectives to ensure that priorities are aligned with strategic goals.
- Drive and reinforce a strong product culture based on data-driven decision making and short iterations.
- Mentoring of product management personnel, constantly ensuring improvement in their professional skills as well as in the processes supporting product development.
- Keep up to date with evolving marketplace and technology trends, and explore new and effective products or enhancements that will improve experiences to lift user traffic, engagement, and conversion.
- Develop detailed business requirements and user stories that can be used to build product specifications and architecture for each product and application.
- 5+ years' experience in a high-ranking product management position, preferably as a Head of Product Management in a complex business setting
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Master of Science or Business, or PhD.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with a rich blend of analytical, creative, and strategic talents in order to effectively communicate, motivate, and inspire cross-functional teams with professionalism and clarity.
- Ability to define and analyze numerous product metrics, ability to think strategically and know when and how to apply each in order to influence the success of the product for opportunities.
- Detail orientated; superior problem solving and organizational and skills; and an ability to conceptualize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects.
- The ideal candidate will have relevant experience with business models similar to online marketplaces. Emerging market experience is a big plus.
- Experience in managing Product Managers and providing best practices in product lifecycle process, discovery/ideation/planning, and building products through agile methodologies
- Experience with managing products for software developers. Knowledge of multiple functional areas such as Product Management, Engineering, UX/UI, Sales, Customer Support, Finance or Marketing.