Job title Vice President of Information Technology
Reports to Chief Executive Officer and is a member of the Executive Committee
Territory/Region Corporate Office
Remaining committed to our top 4 priorities of:
Keeping customers first, and
Keeping, driving, delivering, and growing revenue, and
Being thought-leaders; both internally and externally, and
Being positive, optimistic, professional, and diligent in all that you do
The Vice President of Information Technology is responsible for Med-Legal's internal and customer facing solutions. Responsibilities include recommending, defining, planning, and executing technology strategy; overseeing product development including the design, development, testing, and deployment of internal and customer facing software solutions; and managing Helpdesk and Technical Support for internally developed solutions. This position is that of a "player coach", requiring a combination of hands on management and active involvement in software development activities.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Recommend, define, plan, and execute Med-Legal's technology strategy.
- Manage new product development for internal and customer facing software solutions including overseeing solution architecture, design, construction, testing, and deployment.
- Manage support and maintenance of existing software solutions.
- Ensure the availability, performance, security, and recoverability of the company's software solutions, and assets.
- Manage Helpdesk and technical support for company software solutions.
- Recommend and approve technology related purchases.
- Manage relationships with technology partners.
- Advise company leadership on information technology.
- Manage information technology staff members including Business Analysts, Software
Developers, Database Administrators, System's Administrators, and Network Engineers.
- Demonstrated leadership and collaboration skills across multiple disciplines and levels of the organization.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate technical concepts clearly to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to formulate technical strategy based upon business goals and technology trends.
- Ability to translate business concepts into computer software systems including the ability to understand and define business requirements, select appropriate architectures, design effective software solutions, and review technical assets for best practices.
- Ability to manage technical teams to deliver software projects on-time, on-budget, and with good quality.
- Ability to collaborate with employees and customers at all organizational levels.
The Vice President of Information Technology leads a team of 7 software development professionals and
3 Help Desk and internal technology professionals. The team is expected to grow over time to support the business strategy.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time exempt salaried position
- Some travel may be required
Education and Experience
- 10+ years' demonstrated experience with IT systems and software development at a senior level.
- 5+ years' experience developing web hosted/cloud Applications on the Microsoft .NET / C# and
SQL Server platforms.
- 2+ years' experience developing Single Page Applications on the Angular 2 or REACT platforms.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics D365 or Microsoft Dynamics CRM is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with modern technical infrastructures that include a mix of on premise, hosted, and/or cloud-based assets.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Master's Degree is desired or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $160,000.00 to $185,000.00 /year
- relevant: 10 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required