Mecklenburg County Park and Recreation (P&R) is looking for a Fiscal Analyst to join the Finance area of the department. This full-time position will be located at the P&R Administrative Office Building on Brookshire Blvd. Incumbents will be responsible for performing fiscal risk assessments for over 20 locations, assisting with the annual budget process, manage monthly budget reports, assist with approving documents within the accounting system, as well as serving as a back up to the Sr. Fiscal Analyst (Revenue Reporting).
- Analyzes and monitors compliance with financial, reporting, and legal requirements
- Reconciles a variety of financial records and information
- May be responsible for a specific function, such as payroll, capital assets, and supports that function by preparing, reviewing and submitting reports, reconciliations, communications, schedules, tables, and/or statements to internal departments, financial institutions, and external agencies
- Researches, interprets, audits and maintains financial records and databases
- Coordinates and participates in special projects related to financial activities
- Develop, audits, compiles, calculates and analyzes a variety of financial data
- Organizes, prepares, and reviews budget documentation; determines revenue and expenditure coding; reviews expenditure and reconciles budget proceeds
- Responsible for basic and less complex reconciliations
Experience: One year of basic accounting experience.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
Combination of relevant education and relevant experience accepted? Yes
Licenses and Certifications: N/A
- Budgetary principles
- Federal, State, and local laws, rules, and regulations
- Governmental accounting procedures
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- The structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Principles and processes for providing customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Proficiency in financial analysis
- Interpretation of financial documents
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Working with balance sheets and financial statements, journal entries, knowledge of account classifications, understand chart of accounts
- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Products, especially Excel (formulas)
- Communication – Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Building Partnerships – Identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, departments, units or organizations to help achieve business goals.
- Information Monitoring – Setting up ongoing procedures to collect and review information needed to manage an organization or ongoing activities within it.
- Decision Making – Identifying and understanding issues, problems and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Technical/professional Knowledge and Skills – Having achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS STATEMENT
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.