Mechanics Bank is currently searching for a Senior Application Developer to support our growing organization. You will develop new and/or modify existing information technology applications that facilitate and enable business initiatives, growth requirements and efficiency goals. You will utilize a combination of business analysis, consulting and application development skills. You will gather and analyze user requirements and specifications; designing, programming, and implementing solutions for information management, systems integration, data processing, workflow, and knowledge management. You will configure and maintain application systems used by clients and internal operations staff and management. You will define and discern key aspects of application design and are able to communicate a clear vision of how a given technology/application, can be optimally applied to the business initiatives of the Bank. You may lead projects and provide guidance to more junior staff. Typically receives no instruction on routine work and general instructions on new projects or assignments.
NOTE: This position can sit in Hercules, CA or Irvine, CA
- Designs, codes, modifies, debugs and evaluates programs for business functional areas. Formulates logic for new systems, devises logic procedures and data analysis through the application of professional programming concepts. Codes, tests and delivers application enhancements and project build deliverables.
- Determines how existing complex applications, legacy systems, databases, web interfaces and/or hardware logic, which may be currently operating on multiple platforms, work together to meet the new and emerging enterprise requirements. Develops methods to efficiently reuse existing components.
- Serves as an expert in a number of assigned customer facing or high visibility applications, acting as a resource to others internally including gathering and analysis of user requirements and specifications
- Consults with internal clients to develop an accurate and complete understanding of their business needs and problems. Able to translate business requirements into development activities.
- Complies with established information security and risk management policies and procedures specifically related to application development, change management and the software development life cycle.
- Writes clear, maintainable, well-documented, portable code; creates documentation of the design and proper use of deployed solutions.
- Develops and consistently apply key criteria for data integrity (e.g., availability, utility, confidentiality, reliability, etc.)
- Develops test plans for applications or projects. Coordinates performance and integration testing. Reviews results of testing. Develops fixes for bugs discovered.
- Performs maintenance and production support on existing Applications. Serves as a resource to junior application developers, transferring knowledge on process and best practices for supporting and maintaining existing applications.
- Participates in peer review for solutions under development
- Provides mentorship to less experienced developers