Mechanics Bank is looking for a Sr. Network Engineer, this is located in Walnut Creek, CA.
In this role, under general guidance,you will be able to analyze, maintain, and troubleshoot network architecture for optimization, efficient traffic flow, maximum systems availability, and proper network security to ensure maximum through put and availability for the Bank’s information systems resources and applications while maintaining proper networking security and information security standards. Make recommendations for appropriate purchase of networking systems based on network architectural requirements to support the Bank’s information systems and applications. Provide network support to all other ITS departments and support technicians, as needed.
What you will do:
- Maintain and deploy the network environment.
- Develop and assist in maintenance of all network infrastructure related systems and applications, while troubleshooting network performance issues.
- Document the current and target environment with required documentation.
- Perform system administration functions for the Bank's LAN/WAN and VOIP infrastructures, including the maintenance of network functionality and the installation, upgrade, integration and troubleshooting of network software and network devices.
- Adjust hardware and software to optimize network performance and functionality while administering network security to ensure compliance with information security standards and best practices.
- Manage the network monitoring/alerting systems; review performance logs and monitoring system performance
- Troubleshoot and evaluate requests, and identify issues resolutions for system hardware and software. Maintain documentation of networking and telephony products, vendors, issues, trends, best practices and technologies.
- Perform lead role in the installation and maintenance of WAN and LAN equipment.
- Responsible for all router and switch configuration, maintenance and upgrades. \
- Troubleshoot routing and switching routing issues to all computing nodes.
- Manage Inter-VLANs, VTP Domain, DHCP Scopes, Domain DNS.
- Manage all network monitoring systems.
- Manage systematic collection, storage and review of all network configuration files.
- Mentor and train the team members.