MSS Solutions, LLC currently has an opening available for a Payroll Assistant in Charlotte, NC.
Role and Responsibilities
The essential roles and responsibilities are outlined below:
- Assist in all aspects of payroll cycle which includes, but is not limited to, all weekly payroll related functions, including but not limited to inputting data input in to ADP and Great Plains, balancing payroll totals and auditing time sheets.
- Responsible for the processing of Employee Expense Reimbursements.
- Gather and process new hires, terminations, status changes, salary adjustments, benefit deductions, 401(k) Plan contributions, tax changes, wage changes, etc.
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of Company’s time and attendance system.
- Responsible for organizing, tracking and payroll tasks related to temp employees.
- Intake and set up of new hire paperwork
- Process termination paperwork
- Track seasonal temp employees
- Enter weekly hours – notify temp company when all have been received
- Assist in the coordination of the NSO Program.
- Assist in the coordination of the Job Bonus Program.
- Assist in the calculation and processing of Commissions.
- Assist in the safekeeping and maintenance of payroll-related documentation.
- Serve as back-up when Payroll Administrator is out of the office.
- All other projects/duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Successful candidate must possess a minimum of one-year experience in payroll.
- Experience with ADP is preferred.
- Basic accounting knowledge.
- Two-year degree preferred.
- Intermediate level of skill with the use of MS Office (Excel, Word, Access) and E-Mail software.
- Ability to work a deadline and to focus and organize job requirements.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Attention to confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate with employees regarding payroll.
- Regular and supervisory probation period required, if applicable.
- Must successfully pass a background check.
- MSS Solutions, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free environment
- Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled