Reporting to the CFO, the Supervisor, Accounting is responsible for the monthly close for operating companies. Additionally, this role will require an individual who can work with various business partners and provide an accounting perspective for projects. Given the organization is growing there will be a need to collaborate on integration of accounting policies and systems.
- Supervises the maintenance and transaction activity of accurate and proper general ledgers.
- Responsible for allocations of shared costs including maintained of fully reconciled intercompany billings.
- Complete ownership of financial month-end close for all entities at a high level of accuracy including: creation of journal entries, account reconciliations, and variance analysis. Report financial results timely.
- Ensure accounting documentation is concise and clearly presented.
- Collaborate with the CFO on internal reporting requirements including support of KPI's.
- Compliance and development of company accounting policies and reporting requirements.
- Supervises and motivates accounting clerks including technical guidance, training, leadership, and performance management.
- Leads projects to improve efficiencies and standardize processes.
- Maintains written accounting procedures to ensure accurate and reliable data.
- Manages special accounting related projects and tasks.
- Prepares audit and tax reports; analyzes results. Retains supporting documentation to support audit inquires.
- Assess internal control risks and implement changes to strengthen environment.
- Partner with functional leaders to address business problems with financial impact. Participates in cross functional projects and proposes recommendations to solve operational issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors in Accounting, Finance or related degree from an accredited higher learning institution
- Manufacturing or Food Processing Experience required
- 5 years of experience
- Demonstrated supervisory experience and expertise with the ability to show leadership.
- Strong analytical experience
- Ability to adhere to deadlines.
- Strong Excel Skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, efficiently works under pressures, within deadlines or other time essential constraints.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to clearly and concisely communicate to all levels of the organization.
- Strong work ethic and an ability to excel within a rapidly changing and growing organization.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 5 years (Required)
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Employee discounts