We are a new, coming soon shop for meat lovers where it is almost mandatory for a customer to have some of our baked goods after they munch on our brisket and ribs. Our new bar serves "booze-free booze", giving customers the social delight of drinks in an alcohol-free environment. Located in the Entertainment District around St.Andrews subway station, our focus is serving exploding flavours and never compromising on quality.
About the Role
You will lead the first fully non-alcoholic bar in Toronto and will provide an example of serving drinks in a non-alcoholic environment. This is both a menu creation and bartending role. This bar will acquire a lot of attention in 2020 as "booze-free booze" is on the rise in various age groups.
Here is more about the role:
- Lead the research and development of menu item mocktails and create a list of creative mocktails through experimentation.
- Mix and serve drinks to customers.
- Create relationships with customers through displaying product knowledge expertise.
- Clean designated areas.
- Perform other restaurant tasks as required.
- Minimum 1 year experience as a bartender.
- You have strong opinions on how to make mocktails that almost act as a placebo for people.
- You have a good understanding about the motivations and goals of customers that come to seek non-alcoholic experiences.
- The bar will be your stage. You are able to entertain guests, from the way you create and serve drinks, to the way you talk to guests. This is not a "only mix drinks and then serve" role.
Why we should apply to Meat & Pie Co.
- We want to make your career plan our plan. We want to set you on a career path that acknowledges the growth you are looking for with your goals.
- Be part of a new restaurant in hottest district in Toronto, around theatres, clubs, offices, ACC, etc.
- Since we are new, be involved in the process of defining what makes an outstanding restaurant.
- We pay you on time : )
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
- Bartender: 1 year (Required)